Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask
Question 
The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask
Hi,

I want to know if there is somebody else that had a sensitive nose after starting to use the Amara View mask.

I started using it the 28th of January. It's my third different mask tryout and it's definitely the most comfortable. My sensitive nose is the only bad thing about it but it's definitely not a show stopper.

I just want to see if somebody can give me a trick to maybe fix that little issue.

Thanks for your feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask
I developed some pretty bad chapping on my nostrils and underneath it after wearing this mask for a while. It was red and cracked despite lotion application every hour, or water based stuff before going to bed.

I'm just about to return to it after failing yet another mask. I'm trying a thicker liner tonight and have my fingers crossed. I have trouble with leaks as well, but my nasal bridge appreciates the lack of pressure....
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started using the Amara View I was concerned that it would not seal on my nose so I had it pulled up hard against my nose and this of course made my nose sore. I have since found out that I just needed it in the right place and when the air started the seal would inflate around the end of my nose and make the seal. I don't even know its on many times now.

See if you can adjust the top straps to let it float a little more. Try this when you have time to fiddle with it and not when you are trying to go to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Recipefordisaster it doesn't look as bad for me ... for now.

I had trouble with leaks at the beginning because I was using the large cushion. Now that I have the medium cushion no leaks at all !!!!

Maybe you can try a smaller cushion if possible. Also there is no need to tight the straps too much since the air cushion is big enough at least for me.

I'm a side sleeper and it's perfect even if I switch side to side. My pressure is a little higher than you. Usually it's around 12-13 during the night.

Hope your night will be good !

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 01:56 PM)PoolQ Wrote: When I first started using the Amara View I was concerned that it would not seal on my nose so I had it pulled up hard against my nose and this of course made my nose sore. I have since found out that I just needed it in the right place and when the air started the seal would inflate around the end of my nose and make the seal. I don't even know its on many times now.

See if you can adjust the top straps to let it float a little more. Try this when you have time to fiddle with it and not when you are trying to go to sleep.

Thank you PoolQ !

I will verified that the top straps are not too tight !!!

Hopefully it's just that Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the small cushion and it hurt my cheeks. It's a tiny bit too narrow in the rigid parts although it seals much better. I have always let all the straps out until a continuous leak occurred, and then tightened them a millimeter or so, so I can't loosen them anymore. I've never worn it very tight. The chapping seemed like a friction issue and didn't happen until I had worn the mask for a few months. I am glad I've had time off so that it healed but every other mask I have tried had the same issues or more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 01:56 PM)PoolQ Wrote: When I first started using the Amara View I was concerned that it would not seal on my nose so I had it pulled up hard against my nose and this of course made my nose sore. I have since found out that I just needed it in the right place and when the air started the seal would inflate around the end of my nose and make the seal. I don't even know its on many times now.

Yesterday I loosen the strap on top of my head and my nose feels better this morning!

Thanks PoolQ for the cue!

I hope you had a good night Recipefordisaster.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a really bad night... Unfortunately I may have to go without therapy tonight, I haven't slept more than a few hours for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2016, 12:57 PM)Recipefordisaster Wrote: I had a really bad night... Unfortunately I may have to go without therapy tonight, I haven't slept more than a few hours for a while.

I'm sorry to hear that...

I wish you to find the correct mask for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 12:52 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Hi,

I want to know if there is somebody else that had a sensitive nose after starting to use the Amara View mask.

I started using it the 28th of January. It's my third different mask tryout and it's definitely the most comfortable. My sensitive nose is the only bad thing about it but it's definitely not a show stopper.

I just want to see if somebody can give me a trick to maybe fix that little issue.

Thanks for your feedback!

I have the same issue and bought the cloth mask liners which seemed to be the fix, but they are expensive, and after using them for about a month had the same pimple on the end of my nose so now am experimenting by adding a small piece of medical tape and then another overlapping it just on the tip of my nose. Will post again once I obtain the results. This is the only mask for me as I have a deviated septum and 14 pressure and the other style mask put a cut on my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,816 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,999 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 175 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 652 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.