Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask
RE: The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask
I have the exact issue with the Amara View.  I can wear it for about a week, then I get a small red dot on my nose.  I do not have the straps very tight.  I have tried a bit of lotion but it still happens.  Although I love my Amara View, for me it is not a full time mask.  I switch off as soon as I get the red dot with my other FFM which is the Quattro FX.  This mask does not touch the tip of my nose and gives it time to heal.  My pressure is around 12 at night when my ResMed Airsense 10 knows I'm asleep.  For me I switch off every week with the Quattro FX and the Amara View.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it and kinda liked the idea....Mrs. Psycho loves hers. My problem is that I have a sizeable schnozz and the nose "cut-out" is too small for me. The tip of my nose was constantly sore due to the pressure of the top / front "lip" to the nose pocket.

There are millions of us, so it's only fair that not every mask works for everyone.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently tried out the Amara View.  I found that the silicone really irritated my face.  However I ordered the RemZzz liners and they made a world of difference for me.  With the liner I had no irritation whatsoever.  The liners are pricey but worth it.  Unfortunately this mask caused me to have sinus pressure and headaches so I had to stop using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
This mask hurts the tip of my nose if I don't put my nose in it. If I put my nose in it it hurts septum I guess it's called between your nostrils really bad like it's incredibly stupid how bad that part of your body can hurt. Anyway I just made a modification to see if that helps. At this point nothing can hurt.
Since i have been using this mask (the Amara View nearly 3 weeks) I also wake up with my mouth so dry it cracks, it takes me a while to even get up trying to unstuck my mouth from itself.
My other choice is  the Hybrid, which I have not made it through the night with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,990 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 174 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 652 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.