Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Was the doctor pulling my leg?
RE: Was the doctor pulling my leg?
Based on 2 nights of data, your AHI is very good at about 1.5 with very few obstructive events, and RERA is 0.13. So from this limited data set you seem to be benefiting from CPAP. It has reduced overall apnea + hypopnea, and essentially eliminated respiratory effort related arousals. Whether you feel better in the long run will be be most important test. I would guess once you have adapted to the machine, you should feel better rested and more energetic.

Your situation is unusual since you seem to be borderline in needing this therapy. It appears to have been prescribed to deal with possible UARS, and it seems to be working.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the other tabs at the top and view the Daily and Overview pages. The Daily page, in particular, will show details of how the night's breathing went.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I need to decide if I want to keep the machine. My biggest fear is that my main condition or whatever the problem I have be it with the heart or lungs will be ignored if I keep the machine. I have an appointment with a respirologist in a couple days so I'll see what he says. I see a cardiologist in February. The store told me to stop using the machine if I want a refund.

I know 2 days of data isn't helpful much but I hope it helps someone give me a concise yes or no.

Daily:

Dec 15:
[Image: YxVpby.jpg]

Dec 16:
[Image: U4KanA.jpg]

Btw thank you for being patient with my questions. Also as I mentioned in my first post, I've used a auto cpap for 32 days and didn't see a change to the excessive fatigue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2016, 06:03 PM)Mordi Wrote: I've used a auto cpap for 32 days and didn't see a change to the excessive fatigue.

It's not uncommon for the therapy to take several months before you start feeling the benefits. If you've been suffering from Apnea for years then you've been doing damage to your organs for years and the APAP machine can remove the cause so no more damage is done, but the damaged organs have to heal themselves. The first thing you may notice is that at least you stop getting worse. Even if that's all you ever get from the machine that isn't nothing.

But if you don't start feeling better, even though that *may* be natural and to be expected, it may *not* be as well. So you need your doctor to look deeper, and you may require better therapy or additional therapies such as supplemental oxygen.

So I would say don't panic, but on the other hand make sure your doctor knows and looks for other problems. And don't accept assurances until everything has been looked at and every other possibility ruled out.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2016, 07:29 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 06:03 PM)Mordi Wrote: I've used a auto cpap for 32 days and didn't see a change to the excessive fatigue.

It's not uncommon for the therapy to take several months before you start feeling the benefits. If you've been suffering from Apnea for years then you've been doing damage to your organs for years and the APAP machine can remove the cause so no more damage is done, but the damaged organs have to heal themselves. The first thing you may notice is that at least you stop getting worse. Even if that's all you ever get from the machine that isn't nothing.

But if you don't start feeling better, even though that *may* be natural and to be expected, it may *not* be as well. So you need your doctor to look deeper, and you may require better therapy or additional therapies such as supplemental oxygen.

So I would say don't panic, but on the other hand make sure your doctor knows and looks for other problems. And don't accept assurances until everything has been looked at and every other possibility ruled out.

We went full circle. That would make sense if my sleep study showed that I had apnea and ahi above 5. My sleep study before starting any "treatment" showed my AHI at 3.1, hence why I created this thread. 4 years ago my excessive fatigue started almost instantly, before that I woke up refreshed and was a competition bodybuilder. Since then my fatigue has been so bad I can barely workout twice a week, sometimes every couple weeks due to fatigue. I can't even clean my house anymore and I was coughing up blood 2 months ago. I thought I had pneumonia but couldn't get diagnosed with that at the time either. Ehh.
Any way, thanks for the replies. The doctor made all this extremely confusing and had the same vibe as the board. First he said I need surgery, then he gave me the trial machine. Finally when I went back and told him the trial machine didn't help with my fatigue he blew me off and told me he doesn't know if I have apnea or not and still gave me the prescription. I tried getting my GP to give me another referral to a different doctor but in Canada it's so so stupid sometimes and he didn't want to do that. Guess I'll go to Europe and have this done properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever "juice" when you were body building. Some of the cycles those guys follow can be pretty hard on natural androgen and testosterone levels.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never juiced although around the time my problems started I was diagnosed with ks and put on TRT (so 4 years of TRT now). My endo keeps telling me my levels are perfect now but I don't know as the fatigue continues and my health is deteriorating at a very high level (I'm only 30)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,712 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 329 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 898 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.