Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with data analysis, please
Need help with data analysis, please
Hello, 

I am a 20-year bipap veteran and happy to have found this board.  Retired and moved to TX two years ago. I don't have a sleep Dr in my new state. I recently acquired dentures and the dentist was adamant that I sleep with them out. I have been using a chinstrap for many years and it was moderately effective with mouth leaks.  It doesn't work at all with dentures out. I tried adjusting pressures but don't have the prescription from my last sleep study.  Last night I tried no chin strap and mouth tape. It was a disaster. terrible leaks and woke up feeling awful. I just got data from OSCAR and wonder if someone could help with some suggestions for settings. I'm thinking that pressure is too high. 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with data analysis, please
Welcome to the forum.

Try a soft cervical collar to hold the chin in place. If that doesn't work try adding tape. Or try both (you can always take the tape away.)

Please change the charts you present. The bottom three do little to help us access your treatment.
See the organize link in my signature for the preferred order and for sure include your leak chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please put in the charts in order in my signature. OSCAR has a setting to give the normal charts in the menus. I’m not near my computer so I’m not sure which tab it is under.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What brand type of tape are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. 

I'm trying 3M Micropore tape 1". I also have facial hair that isn't helping. 

I think the new attachment gives at least a closer approximation to the way the chart should be ordered. 

Thanks, Again!

jviars

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion would be

PS4 over 6

You can keep the 14 it won’t get up that high it is the max.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as tape, you may want to give the BSN cover roll tape a try.  I use the 4" version so I can also drape my chin and it extends down the neck.

BSN tape

Here's Lankylefty video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG007EFmk8w
Post Reply Post Reply
You recommend  PS 4 over 6, what do I set at 6?
Thanks, Jviars.
Post Reply Post Reply
6 is the epap the one that is set at 10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,434 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 148 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 379 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 875 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 257 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.