Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] air pressure hearing lost
air pressure hearing lost
Hi to all,i have a issue with partial hear lost problably caused by air pressure,it will come back if i block my nose and apply pressure the it may poping in my ears ,the solution is temporaly,it seems that the air pressure is pushing back the mucus into my Eustachian tube ?
help please.
p.s.french speaking native sorry for the misplelling errors!
Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: air pressure hearing lost
The only thing that comes to mind would be a quick call/trip to your local Ears, Nose, and Throat doctor (or whatever the French equivalent is).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi claude,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should talk to your doc about this if you haven't done so.
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy and also with getting your problem straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean proper hearing loss, or popping ears similar to altitude?
My ears pop and block sometimes with the mask on if pressure's a bit high, or if I swallow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like he means temporary hearing loss due to high air pressure into his nose.

This happened to me when I allowed the pressure to go too high on my Auto CPAP.

You should definitely talk to your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did this by mistake today: I pushed the air bubble through my ears because I didn't want to leak from my mouth. Bad idea....

I would think it might settle down overnight. Sleep resets a lot of things..... plus you'll be lying down which might contribute to a cure, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
lets say that i have a lost on the righ ear only aprox 40/100,feeling like pressure from elevetor going down,last time i talked abbout it to my doctor i told me to pop my ears as often i want to retrive hearing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 10:51 AM)PollCat Wrote: The only thing that comes to mind would be a quick call/trip to your local Ears, Nose, and Throat doctor (or whatever the French equivalent is).

That would be an oto-rhino-laryngologiste or otorhinolaryngologiste (ORL).

Oui, vas-y. (Yes, go see one.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Merci de votre commentaire,jai deja un othrino il ma deja installer et ce a deux reprise des tubes dans mon oreille droite,ca fonctionne pendant quelque mois mais aussitot que le tube tombe ca recommence et il ne veut plus refaire la meme intervention.

TRANSLATION per Moderator:
Thank you for your comment, I already have an othrino it ma already installed and this has two times the tubes in my right ear, it works for a few months but as soon as the tube falls it starts again and it does not want to repeat the same intervention.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using a nasal mask and once they changed the air flow to 8, I started to have constant ear aches. The sleep doctor recommended a full face mask and sure enough, the ear aches stopped. You may need to change masks. Talk to your doctor, hope it clears up for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 274 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,083 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.