Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] dreamstation [it changes pressure]
Angry 
dreamstation [it changes pressure]
question

Why does my philips dreamstation dont start every time the same way??
I am happy when it starts three times the same in one week
The starting pressure is 5.5
Once in about 10 days it starts at 6.5 while the setting is 5.5
Then i have to change in the menu to pressure 5, start again , stop , change to 5.5 start again then it is OK
And somtimes in a week it starts in a rithem if i  am running a marathon so fast
I whant it to start slowly at my rithem because i want to go to sleep and the machine have to adapt my tempo of breathing.
I am lucky when the dreamstation does that three times in a row.

Please anyone respond
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation
Have you tried using the exhale relief, which I believe PR calls Flex? That sounds more like what you are looking for.

As for it changing pressure, do you mean it changes it's the setting or it just starts there?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation [it changes pressure]
Perhaps the Smart Start is enabled? I believe that's what the setting is called - the one that begins with the pressure you left off needing last time (or something along that line).

Or are you pressing the Ramp (triangle) button accidentally sometimes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thqnks for your response,

What do you meane whit PR?

About the pressure it just starts there , the setting is not chance , it just start at 6.6 reading on display
and also the pressure is than verry high.
A simple restart or power cord reset dont solve the problem can only be changed in setup menu.

(Sorry for my bad english)
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not now if smart start is enabeled.
I can not check it because i am
 on a vaccation an dit not have taken the dream station with me because i am a little tiered of the machine.
Also i dont press the ramp because when i do (time is set to 30 minutes) most of the time i am not asleep after the time is past
and at the end of the 30 minutes the pressure is set to 8.5 and with that pressure it is for me impossible to go to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you have Opti-Start enabled. It starts APAP at a pressure closer to the previous 90% pressure.
You can find it under clinical menu - Therapy Settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,298 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 495 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.