Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Symptoms of hypersomnia + low AHI
RE: Symptoms of hypersomnia + low AHI
Oh, Ratchick. Unbelievable. I'm so sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Here's a test that I want you to try regarding the Central Apnea. It's completely free, and despite me being the Sarcastic One, it's not based on sarcasm.

After the next 3 sleep sessions, BEFORE you look at any OSCAR (or any stats period), write down how you felt, detailed things like headaches, well rested or not, things like that.

Next, look at your data. How many sleep sessions? How long total? How many Obstructive events? Centrals? Not just the left panel AHI stuff, actual total events. Anything else that stands out, differences between nights might count. How did the data looks, the numbers and the tracer lines, is actually important.

Final step is find a relation with good or bad sleep on those 3 nights with data. Examples are, less well rested in the night with 6 CA versus the night with 3 CA, or better rest that lasted 7 hours versus 5. That kind of stuff.

Write your subjective take on these 3 nights then post that and a standard OSCAR for each. Let's see what happens.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just in order to give a brief update:

I've been to the hospital on Sunday due to severely worsened health (SSRI withdrawal, persisting diarrhoea, severe exhaustion and signs of malnutrition) - was sent back home with 2mg of Lorazepam and the Dr. didn't even bother to do a basic examination.

Had an emergency appointment with another doctor at my GP's office yesterday, where we also talked about the OSA and CPAP therapy; she urged me to get a revaluation ASAP, since the emerging central apneas don't look like they'd justify the CPAP therapy at all in my case.

Other than that, I got several appointments (long-term blood-pressure, literally all blood levels as well as some ultrasound [stomach & thyroid]) and she also suggested that my low liquid intake - which is at avg. 500 ml/day - may have a severe effect on the whole issue. However, she really seems to care and I feel like I'm in good hands here.

I feel a lot worse now - as soon as I am able to think clearly again, I'll reply to your answers Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Mhoffmann, I’m very sore to hear about your illness and your poor treatment by the ER. But it’s good news that you have a new doctor who will pay attention. Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Goodness yes, get your fluids up, and your electrolytes. That's going to cause all manner of problems, especially on top of GI issues causing more fluid loss.

Feel better soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed years ago, symptoms returned Itjustismkay 5 113 01-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ASV Machine and COVID Symptoms richdreher 33 653 01-05-2022, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High pressures causing/worsening cold symptoms Chalkie 4 195 11-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Need some help/advice - here's my symptoms and machine settings bbillingsley1985 66 1,961 09-28-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: bbillingsley1985
  small AHI increase, big symptoms rdavis 3 255 07-27-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
Sad [Treatment] UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR pistolpasta 7 355 07-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: pistolpasta
  Symptoms returning after 21 months of APAP use - OSCAR data included victoriabk 16 739 04-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.