Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] sudden increase in AHI and leak nos
sudden increase in AHI and leak nos
Hi, 

I've been using my machine for two years now, and recently got into tinkering with data in sleepyhead.  I just noticed a sudden increase in my AHI nos and in the leak rates being reported.  It wasn't so in the previous months, except that it started this Jan.  I thought it was time to change my mask, but after getting a new one, i still got the same results.  I sent this data to my doctor and she said everything was still ok. 

am i being paranoid or is something wrong in my setup?  

would really appreciate help in understanding the data and information in the sleepyhead reports...

thanks

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos
On or about Jan 18th, you or someone changed something on your machine.
Your readings are still in good "treated" territory. They could likely be tweaked.

look in statistics for "Changes to Prescription Settings"
What shows up here?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi agenio2002,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2017, 07:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: On or about Jan 18th, you or someone changed something on your machine.  
Your readings are still in good "treated" territory. They could likely be tweaked.

look in statistics for "Changes to Prescription Settings"
What shows up here?

Thanks for the info bonjour... 

I've checked the changes to prescription settings... it just shows a single entry, which was when i started 500+ days ago... no other changes.  

Any other reason why these numbers would suddenly spike?  

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
To see any more would require looking at detail daily graphs before and especially after the change occurred
Post Reply Post Reply
agenio2002,
Follow the tutorials in my signature  line.  This will show you what we need to see, how to organize the graphs and how to post here.

Use the daily page in #SleepyHead to send a screenshot.  Eliminate  the pie chart and calendar and right side bar.
Include left side bar with stats, and the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure and
Leak rate.

Once you've uploaded here, someone will take a look and be able to advise.  It would be ideal if you could include a screenshot before and after the increase in AHI for comparison.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 56 26 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 114 1 hour ago
Last Post: Daveman
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 245 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.