Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Symptoms requireing CPAP
Symptoms requireing CPAP
How many conditions are there that require CPAP?
My symptoms are waking tired and head aches.

And thus far have had no help from the machine.
At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Symptoms requireing CPAP
Other symptoms can be acid refulx, nocturia, high blood pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 02:58 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Other symptoms can be acid refulx, nocturia, high blood pressure.
And yours are?
At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 01:56 PM)Cicero Wrote: How many conditions are there that require CPAP?

Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB)
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._%28SDB%29

SDB describe any condition in which breathing is disrupted during sleep which include obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea and mixed sleep apnea. Its been said, everyone with SDB snores, but not everyone who snores has SDB also there is another form of SDB that does not meet the definition of sleep apnea: upper airways resistance syndrome (UARS)

Flow Limitation/UARS and BiPAP by Barry Krakow MD
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-and-BiPAP

As for the 2nd part of the question ... to be continued
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 03:03 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 01:56 PM)Cicero Wrote: How many conditions are there that require CPAP?

Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB)
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._%28SDB%29

SDB describe any condition in which breathing is disrupted during sleep which include obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea and mixed sleep apnea. Its been said, everyone with SDB snores, but not everyone who snores has SDB also there is another form of SDB that does not meet the definition of sleep apnea: upper airways resistance syndrome (UARS)
Does that tell us your symptoms?And is CPAP helping?

Flow Limitation/UARS and BiPAP by Barry Krakow MD
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-and-BiPAP

As for the 2nd part of the question ... to be continued

Post Reply Post Reply
I had nocturia, my blood pressure began elevating although had not reached a point that I have had it treated. I have to monitor it. Very tired during the daytime at work. Couldn't stay awake to watch tv or read a book in the evening. Occasional acid reflux. I have had weight gain that I believe to be partially due to OSA. I have learned from reading on this forum it can be a problem. I am also on a post cancer medicine I know to be a culprit of weight gain as well.

I didn't know any of these were associated with OSA. Particularly nocturia. I was getting up 4+ times a night. Now I don't get up at all. I had headaches but they were not often and occasional acid reflux. I wasn't sleeping soundly either ... very choppy sleep. I think a lot of that was fighting sleep so snoring would not upset my husband.

I was stunned hearing of the symptoms as the sleep doctor mentioned them and read here on this forum of them too. Many pertained to me. I had been blaming other things for symptoms that were probably really from OSA.

My husband made me go to the sleep doctor. I was resistant. The snoring was becoming a problem and he would often waken me and ask if I was ok because of odd noises I made in my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 03:20 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: I had nocturia, my blood pressure began elevating although had not reached a point that I have had it treated. I have to monitor it. Very tired during the daytime at work. Couldn't stay awake to watch tv or read a book in the evening. Occasional acid reflux. I have had weight gain that I believe to be partially due to OSA. I have learned from reading on this forum it can be a problem. I am also on a post cancer medicine I know to be a culprit of weight gain as well.

I didn't know any of these were associated with OSA. Particularly nocturia. I was getting up 4+ times a night. Now I don't get up at all. I had headaches but they were not often and occasional acid reflux. I wasn't sleeping soundly either ... very choppy sleep. I think a lot of that was fighting sleep so snoring would not upset my husband.

I was stunned hearing of the symptoms as the sleep doctor mentioned them and read here on this forum of them too. Many pertained to me. I had been blaming other things for symptoms that were probably really from OSA.

My husband made me go to the sleep doctor. I was resistant. The snoring was becoming a problem and he would often waken me and ask if I was ok because of odd noises I made in my sleep.

So I take it you are a fan of the machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
It is a love/hate relationship Smile I will continue to use it. I don't like the fact that I have to use the machine but I recognize the value and I have seen very positive results in a month with how I feel. Some results are also unseen. On another thread Zonk posted an interesting article on OSA tied to increased cancer risk. I have had two cancers 14 years ago and 4 years ago. No history in my family. Also, my sleep studies showed I had very little deep sleep when my body should be repairing and replenishing. I certainly want to make sure I am getting enough of that sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2014, 03:01 PM)Cicero Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 02:58 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Other symptoms can be acid refulx, nocturia, high blood pressure.
And yours are?
These are only tip of the iceberg. There is no other medical condition associated with so many risks
Not breathing while you're sleeping is a serious problem

Post Reply Post Reply
I am still alive because of my 'dream machine'. I have/had long term life threatening OSA. It was found because my heart went wonky and my at rest HR would not drop below 122. Lots of testing later (this is 12+ years ago-hmm bad on dates...am guessing around 1998), CPAP, then nose surgery, then throat surgery (Mr Flappy is gone), then bi-level machine - heart Doc, years of meds, and now my resting HR is mid 70s.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 189 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 489 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 244 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 882 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  6+ of CPAP, but symptoms are coming back for some reason terrytorres 7 635 09-22-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.