Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac
Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac
I updated to 1.5.0 on a Mac and now I can't scroll left and right. I get a little movement but it doesn't really move at all. Very weird. Also the mouse won't work at all, only a little jittery movement from the trackpad.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac
Hi McDonald!  -  Welcome
Try the newly released version 1.5.1.  Here is the download link: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Please report back is this did or did not solve your problem.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
McDonald Welcome

OSCAR was updated to v1.5.1 just hours ago. Please try downloading and installing 1.5.1 and let us know if you are still having an issue.

Thanks
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried 1.5.1 and it's still messed up for me. It's strange, if I scroll diagonally it goes left and right both on my Magic Mouse and trackpad. I reinstalled 1.4.0 and everything works fine. I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch Intel core i9.
Post Reply Post Reply
What are you trying to scroll in, a zoomed in graph window? Or trying to scroll down through the graphs on your daily screen?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I was having similar issues on my Mac. What seems to have improved it for me was a combination of upgrading to 1.5.1 and then tweaking the Scroll Dampening setting in the Appearance Settings. In my case a Scroll Dampening of 150ms seems to work much better than the default setting of 50ms, although this probably needs to be optimized individually for any particular system.

As a side note it does appear that 1.5.0 did introduce some other weirdness with the Scroll Dampening setting, as adjusting this slider causes the Line Thickness and Tooltip Timeout sliders above it to move about in a random fashion. Not sure if this is related or not as I never found the need to adjust this setting prior to upgrading to 1.5.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
My computer specs:
  • iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019
  • Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB
  • Memory: 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • macOS: 13.6 (22G120)

Here's what I'm seeing in Oscar 1.5.1 with the default Scroll Dampening setting of 50ms, when zoomed in on either the Overview window or Daily window:
  • Magic Mouse Scroll L/R - No movement
  • Magic Mouse Scroll U/D - Scrolls U/D as expected
  • Magic Mouse Scroll Diagonal - Moves L/R
  • Magic Trackpad Scroll L/R - Scrolls L/R, but sometimes bounces back in opposite direction afterward    
  • Magic Trackpad Scroll U/D - Sometimes scrolls U/D, but usually scrolls L/R or a combination of L/R & U/D
  • Magic Trackpad Scroll Diagonal - Moves L/R
It appears that a certain amount of up or down movement is required on either device in order to scroll reliably left or right.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 519 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 710 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 589 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 630 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 492 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 408 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
  User-interface issue jwest 6 693 07-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: jwest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.