Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine
Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine
I am new to this forum, and new to CPAP. Not super techy, but I try, and I do generally maintain that I am a reasonably intelligent (though sleep deprived) human.   Smile

I am trying to sync my Wellue Oxygen Ring data to my Resmed Airsense 10 data in OSCAR, as seems to be frequently discussed here.  I apologize if this is obvious, or if I am missing something, but I have read the wiki about how to sync these things up, and am trying to follow the “optional” step of renaming the file on the O2 ring.  

Link to wiki to which I refer: {Oops! Not allowed to post the link as a new user, but you can see in the photo below that it is a page titled Wellue Viatom File Import.}

But does this assume that the ring was put on at precisely the same time as the CPAP session was started? (This information is not stated in the wiki, unless I missed it.)   I do not necessarily do this, as preparing for sleep is now a whole litany of steps which are achieved in a randomly selected order. And the nature of beginning the 2 datasets would suggest that even in the best of circumstances, they still are only being aligned within a fairly imprecise margin. (I am certainly willing to calibrate my preparations more precisely… I just cannot do that for past datasets!)

But it doesn’t make sense to me that there would be ANY way to sync the times properly unless the two pieces of data began at precisely the same time…..? (Except by making an educated guess, which I realize is how it is done.) It does make me wonder, however, if there would be a way to create an event that could be used to align the 2 sets of data, and subsequently a way to “slide” the O2 data to align with the CPAP data within OSCAR. (For example, holding one’s breath while wearing CPA + O2 ring.) Still not terribly precise, but at least it would give a clue.  Of course, that would probably require a level of programming beyond the willingness of nearly everyone to futz with it. 

Anyhow, my main question is: Does the O2 dataset have to begin at the same moment as the CPAP dataset in order to utilize the “optional” method described in the wiki? (See screenshot).  Barring that, is there a different method to sync the times?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine
Hi SleeplessInPain!  -  Welcome

You will never sync the CPAP with the oximeter to the exact second.  Anyway, if you managed to do it, it wouldn't provide any more precise real-time data.  There is an inherent latency from when your O2 level desaturates in your lungs, and when it is finally read by the finger sensor.  The latency is user dependent. A person's size, pulse rate, and arterial flow rate or restrictions are the most common factors. Additionally, the Wellue/Viatom devices may take up to one minute before its starting time is registered in its data file and filename.

The best you can hope for is to look at the data trends.  Personally, to align the data closer, when I'm ready to start my CPAP, I start the oximeter, first.  When I see the time displayed, I start the CPAP.   Provided that you have the time set correctly in your CPAP, it should be very close initially.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very helpful, that makes sense. Thank you for the information. It seems odd that in an utterly inter-connected and internet-based world that the syncing thing is even an issue!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, why in the world does the time on my O2 ring have zero relationship to human time / Greenwich Mean Time / actual reality? The O2 ring is the one that connects directly to a damned app! ( Grrrrrrr….. more googling ensues….)
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the app you're using. If using the ViHealth app, it should update the oximeter's time each time it connects. If you're using one of the PC versions, you have to manually chose the option to update the device's time.

Is your AS10's time set correct?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted the clock on my AS10, which was a couple minutes off. The clock on the oximeter was mysteriously several hours off, which I assume will correct itself when connecting to the ViHealth app that I am using.  Hopefully those 2 things will self-correct my issues.  

I just find it kind of crazy… didn’t they develop accurate mechanical time keeping during the age of sail, and then perfect digital watches (which is essentially what the oximeter is) in the 1970s and 80s? And yet, the oximeter shows up with random times, despite having never run completely out of bettery….? Whatever.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to connect the oximeter to ViHealth prior to using it, or the recorded time will not be updated until after the fact.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 71 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 986 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 959 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 198 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,485 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 262 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,475 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.