Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Syncing two machines?
Syncing two machines?
If someone has a home CPAP and a travel CPAP, is it possible to sync the two in OSCAR so you can get a single report?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Syncing two machines?
If both machines produce data, then it is possible to import the the data from both machines into a single profile. It will work better to maintain two separate profiles as well. You may want to create three profiles, KSM-Home, KSM-Go and KSM-All. Basically any SD card you import to a profile should work, even if there are other machines in that profile, provided there is only one machine dataset per user-day.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  In this case, I really AM “asking for a friend”.  I need to fire up OSCAR for an annual report of my own, probably this weekend.  Where would the procedure be found that would combine the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
You just open the profile in OSCAR that has the old data and then insert the new SD card and import the new data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:59 AM)Sleepster Wrote: You just open the profile in OSCAR that has the old data and then insert the new SD card and import the new data.
So: download “home” SD and open the profile, then import “travel” SD?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are they both the same brand?  This really helps when they are combined into one profile.  That way they are both reporting the same parameters.  OSCAR will read the card's serial number and assign the data appropriately.  Other than the machine's listing on the Daily screen (if they are different models), about the only place that it will display the different machine is at the bottom of the Statistics page.   There will be an additional listing in the Changes to Device Settings.

Also, if you are practicing a PC backup of your SD's data, each CPAP will need its own directory for the data. You can not combine data from any CPAP with another. Each card is registered to an individual CPAP.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
This using 2 cpap machine (home and travel) with Oscar (3 profiles) is so good example that I suggest to add the case with explains to Wiki or documentation!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:18 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Are they both the same brand?  This really helps when they are combined into one profile.  That way they are both reporting the same parameters.  OSCAR will read the card's serial number and assign the data appropriately.  Other than the machine's listing on the Daily screen (if they are different models), about the only place that it will display the different machine is at the bottom of the Statistics page.   There will be an additional listing in the Changes to Device Settings.

Also, if you are practicing a PC backup of your SD's data, each CPAP will need its own directory for the data.  You can not combine data from any CPAP with another.  Each card is registered to an individual CPAP.
- Red

Sooo, I may have messed up but maybe you can help? I’d like to have the past 5 years of data from my S9 and S10 machines all in one profile. I went back to the S9 only a couple of times since acquiring the S10. In order to preserve the data, I copied the CPAP data occasionally from the CPAP cards to separate folders on my Mac so all the data should be there. Some was (e.g. any files in “Backup” folders loaded into the profile fine. However, when I try to get Oscar to open any “Datalog” folders (no “backup” subfolders), nothing happens. Any idea of how I can get that data to load in Oscar - even if it’s with a different profile? Would loading the data back onto an SD card make any difference? Would putting that SD card into a CPAP machine Warsaw the data? (though I’d still have the copy on the Mac).

If you can help, I could share some screenshots or whatever you need to show you how things look/are organized. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Cam12 Wrote: Any idea of how I can get that data to load in Oscar

If you have the original SD cards with the data on them you can just import the data to OSCAR. No need to create a separate profile. I used to do it all the time.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 107 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,127 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,019 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.