Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One Replacement parts? My new kazoo.
System One Replacement parts? My new kazoo.
My Respironics System one Bilevel S/T took a little spill during my vacation travel. Now it makes a lovely kazoo sound unless I apply downward pressure to the elbow on the humidifier. I don't see any physical damage, but the humidifier lid or elbow itself is not sealing to the humidifier chamber properly. I have never replaced the gasket at the elbow- and I think that is what is making the noise. I would prefer not to replace the whole humidifier.

Does anyone have experience with this issue or advice regarding other fixes? As much as I rely on this machine, I have not done much to it other than chamber and tubing cleaning and replacements. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One Replacement parts? My new kazoo.
The outlet gasket and elbow are inexpensive from Supplier #1. I think just order the parts and see what you get. The parts are the same for all PRS1 60 series CPAP, APAP and BiPAPs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Found the parts there! Hopefully fixes it. They were kind of gross looking, glad I had to look at them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have mentioned that the silicone gaskets in the Dry Box separator also should be looked at.  Again, the parts are inexpensive. The dry box seals are what keeps water from moving from the humidifier to the the blower, and when they wear out, they can be noisy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,306 2 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 217 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 114 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 383 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Need parts for Resmed Astral 150 PappaJoe 2 157 04-03-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,850 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,027 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.