Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One SD Card-Please Help
Exclaimation 
System One SD Card-Please Help
Good Day Everyone,

I'm here to request guidance on a slight issue I've run into.... Trying to help out a family friend, whose mother has a 'System One' machine (bipap).  It took me forever to located the SD Card, then I realized, this card does not fit into my card reader... It's not a regular looking sd card... I NEED to get into this card and pull her data off... 

My friends mother is 79.  When I walked in this morning to sit with her today... I could hear her mask leaking... it sounded like a weed-eater in the house!!  She slept like that all morning.  There's absolutely no way she's getting the proper treatment.  She told me back in March she didn't feel like the machine was doing any good and that she felt tired still all the time... Well no wonder!  Of course, I'm also interested to see what her numbers say.  But at this juncture, I can't get to them... 

Any advice??
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One SD Card-Please Help
Can you post a picture of the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember a post about the early version of the System One having a proprietary card.

Here are a couple links I found:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ry+card%22
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid75216

It appears that nothing can be done without the smart card reader.

Sorry.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
She is likely due for a new checkup and machine. I would encourage her to talk to her doctor.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, file is too big for full pic... can you tell from this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 10:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I remember a post about the early version of the System One having a proprietary card.

Here are a couple links I found:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ry+card%22
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid75216

It appears that nothing can be done without the smart card reader.

Sorry.

Ok, Thank You Crimson Nape!!
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamBreather,
Like Jesse said, as old as that machine is, she should be able to get a new one.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is not an SD card. It looks like it is a so-called "smart card". You may be able to get a smart card reader for your PC but will also need driver software to read it. Then you could write the file on to an sd card which can be read by the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 10:51 AM)JesseLee Wrote: She is likely due for a new checkup and machine. I would encourage her to talk to her doctor.

I think you're right, but she's telling me she hasn't had this machine very long, maybe a year...?  I'm not sure if that's actually the case, but I will speak with her daughter (caregiver) about it and see what we can do.  She (the mother) sees a pulmonologist regularly... hmmm... I'm not so sure they're on top of her care and I may just be in attendance at her next appointment, which is soon, in the next couple of weeks.
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 11:27 AM)mhehe Wrote: This is not an SD card. It looks like it is a so-called "smart card". You may be able to get a smart card reader for your PC but will also need driver software to read it. Then you could write the file on to an sd card which can be read by the software.

Thank You mhehe, I found the smart card reader on line with the links Crimson Nape posted for me.

I think I'm going to try and get involved in her care and visit with her DR at the next appointment.  I'd like to see if she can get a new machine (more modern).  I just don't know the details about how long she's had this one yet.  I've got work to do!   

Thanks
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,218 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,168 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,528 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.