Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One heated hose or Hybernite?
System One heated hose or Hybernite?
I was able to upgrade my machine to a System One DS560 on Thursday night, one day before the three-year anniversary of my sleep study. My AHI was 0.3 the first night, compared to 2 or 3 on the S8 Autoset II that I was using.

I'm trying to decide if it's worthwhile to order the heated hose upgrade kit for my new machine, or if I should continue using the Hybernite. It still works perfectly well, and I have an unused replacement hose. Has anyone used both?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One heated hose or Hybernite?
Congrats on the upgrade.

I hadn't heard of the Hybernite before, so I've learned something today. If it's working well for you, then there is probably limited value in changing. I suppose the benefits of upgrading would be that you don't need the extra power supply and the heating of the tube is controlled by the humidifier which should theoretically give you better temperature and humidity control. It's probably also worth confirming that your CPAP power supply is compatible with the heated hose kit (it should be, but I believe Philips have several different power supply options).
Post Reply Post Reply
The upgrade kit consists of an 80-watt power brick to replace the standard 60-watt brick, a different lid for the humidifier, and of course the heated hose.

The Hybernite has a power brick that connects directly to the hose. It has no temperature control (it's on or it's off), but some people have had success using it with a rheostat. There's a similar product called the Sleep Zone (also known as the Aussie heated hose).
Post Reply Post Reply
I will agree with Deep breathing on this - if it still works, then it is a false economy to upgrade, but the benefits of upgrade is full integration into the PRS system and the added fine control of hose heat along with humidification control designed to optimise the humidity to hose heat levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
big_dave,
The reason I purchased the upgrade kit for my System One humidifier was that I couldn't seem to get the proper humidity and the air was just too cold for me to breath in.
The kit comes with heated hose and 80watt power brick, and new lid.
The heated hose has made a hugh difference in my comfort level.
Not sure if I will use it in the summer. I could remove the entire kit, and go back to the regular setup, or keep as is and just turn the heated hose off. At least I have options.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rose, just turn off the heated hose or switch it out for a standard hose (it fits), and that will automatically turn of the heating function. No need to dismount the lid or anything so drastic.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2015, 08:01 AM)DocWils Wrote: Rose, just turn off the heated hose or switch it out for a standard hose (it fits), and that will automatically turn of the heating function. No need to dismount the lid or anything so drastic.

Thanks DocWils,
Don't like drastic. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi big_dave,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine and your improved AHI. One advantage of getting the heated hose kit is that you won't have quite as much stuff setting around.
Good luck on your decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine! I'm of the school of thought where if it ain't broke don't fix it, but if you want to stick with the brand line then I can't fault you for that. Best of luck on your continued therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,406 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.