Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One humidifier silicone seals
The System One humidifier has three silicone seals. I was reading online that some people have had to replace the seals multiple times during the life of the machine. However, the user manual does not make any mention of the seals, even on the troubleshooting page. How long can I expect the seals to last? I'm concerned because I bought a second DS-560 a few weeks ago from Secondwind. I'm wondering if I'll be looking for replacement seals years from now, long after they've been discontinued.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is only 1 1/2 years old, and haven't had any problems with the seals.

Now I have read many times about the ResMed A10 humidifier/seals being problematic, but not the System One.

In either case, it wouldn't hurt to have seals on hand if needed. I would think that System One parts would be available for many years yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
there's a service manual here: http://www.apneaboard.com/file_links121/...+BiPAP.pdf
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

They are called "dry box seal and inlet seal" and humidifier elbow seal, and are available at low cost from Supplier #1, at least that is where I bought mine. Similar seals are also available for Dreamstation. The silicone seals can become contaminated by odors like smoke or other noxious materials. This is the best way to get a used machine cleaned up. They can become less pliable over time, so replacement is easy and economical. There are also seals for Resmed machines.

[Image: 0948a6d2-39e2-4b39-a9dd-be732dd4025d.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you use a humidifier? zonk 31 7,126 02-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post: gshock
  Help with respironics system one Philipg33 11 296 02-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 932 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  [Equipment] ResMed H5i humidifier heating query Ceedy 8 199 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Ceedy
  ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A replacement for Respironics System One biPap AVAPS OldPolioLady 2 143 02-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 366 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Gross [CPAP] Respironics REMStar System One Series 60 Repair lempface 6 284 02-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: cate1898