Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One no longer heating hose
System One no longer heating hose
I couldn't say exactly when it happened, but it's gotten very noticeable this winter with really cold temps. At some point though my System One stopped heating the tube.

I've gone into the clinical menu and the options are locked and can't be changed.

I thought maybe my tube was bad, but I just got a new one that I tried and it also doesn't work. So I've tried three tubes including a brand new one and the options remain locked.

Does this mean the unit is not detecting the hose is heatable and won't unlock the option? Or is there some super secret way of turning off the lock.

The "system lock" option is already turned off and I can change other clinician options like pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One no longer heating hose
Sounds like it doesn't recognise the hose - are you sure you have the correct heated hose, and not a standard hose? If you have been using the correct hoses all along, then the problem lies in the humidifier's connector to the hose, in all probability, and needs to be swapped out.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your auto aflex is sensing the heated hose the little humidifier wave icons will be orange if not they will be blue.

If there are NO humidifier lights as in the little waves then your humidifier may not be functioning at all.

You can turn the heated hose off in clinical. If those little wave icons are blue that is likely what has been done either by accident or design. Otherwise the machine will automatically go into heated hose mode when the heated hose is connected.

Check the settings to see that heated hose is not turned off in clinical. If its on try separating the humidifier and blower units and putting them back together.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the clinical menu, Heated tube humidifier is set to ON? Tubing type 15H?
If those options are grayed out the machine is not detecting the heated tube setup. You should pull the lid off and ensure the pins are engaging in the humidifier. If you are unsure how to do this, search for the heated tube upgrade kit installation instructions, or let me know and I can link you to that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the feedback!

When therapy is turned started, the humidifier wavy lines blink yellow for about 10 seconds then turn solid blue.

They also blink when I first plug in the house, then they turn off.

Clinician menu:
"Heated tube humidification" is OFF and shows lock symbol
"System one humidification" is ON
"Tubing type lock" is OFF
"Tubing type" says 15 and shows lock symbol
"Lock system" is OFF

The tube has raised letters that say SYS1HT15, which I'm guessing stands for heated 15?

I don't know if it makes a difference, but in the info menu the humidifier stats shows 60w, but the power supply says 80 watt.

I remember the heating was working last winter but I don't recall when it stopped because it wasn't cold until recently (California climate).

I went ahead and detached the humidifier unit from the main unit and checked the connectors. They look normal, but it's hard to tell much from that little plug. I put it back together, no change.
Post Reply Post Reply
My tubing type is 15H with the lock symbol but when I remove the tubing it reverts to type 22 with no lock symbol.

See if it changes when you do that. you have to move the dial off Tube Type and back again for it to show the change.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power for the heated hose actually routes through the back of the hinged lid of the humidifier. If you pull out the water tray, you can lift the lid up and forward and the lid will detach. A wire and plug from the left-rear of the lid, connects to pins at the top left of the humidifier to provide power for the heated hose. Be sure that is properly connected.

Instruction PDF
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 01:11 PM)bill-e Wrote: My tubing type is 15H with the lock symbol but when I remove the tubing it reverts to type 22 with no lock symbol.

See if it changes when you do that. you have to move the dial off Tube Type and back again for it to show the change.

Mine behaves the same way. ANd if I'm in the clinician menu, when I unplug the tube the "heated tube humidification" option disappears. So it seems like it's detecting the hose correctly. It's just that darn heating option is locked when the hose is plugged in.

Same result with multiple tubes.

(01-04-2015, 01:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The power for the heated hose actually routes through the back of the hinged lid of the humidifier. If you pull out the water tray, you can lift the lid up and forward and the lid will detach. A wire and plug from the left-rear of the lid, connects to pins at the top left of the humidifier to provide power for the heated hose. Be sure that is properly connected.

I did this and the plug seemed good, but I went ahead and pulled it out and put it back in. No change in behavior though Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 02:25 PM)flibbidyfloo Wrote: It's just that darn heating option is locked when the hose is plugged in.
My heating option shows on and unlocked so based on the behavior of the hose when you plug/unplug it, I'd say the unit is not detecting the heater in the Humidifier and therefor is turning OFF the heated option for both the hose and the humidifier...is that correct, is the water getting hot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure you are in the clinician setup and not just in the setup? Because the lock you speak of sounds like it is locked in system one setting in the clinician setup and that what you see is the lock in the setup settings.

To get to the clinician menu you still dial to setup, but just clicking in setup doesn't take you to clinician mode it takes you to user setup.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,938 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 220 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 332 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.