Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One no longer heating hose
RE: System One no longer heating hose
You might also try separating the humidifier from the cpap machine and shutting everything down leaving it off, then reassembling it all and trying again. Just to see if you can get everything to possibly reset.

The final error code also indicates a defective hose, but as you've tried multiple hoses with the same results I did not post that here. I am just posting it here so if anyone in the future has this issues they are aware of the three issues that could cause it.

#1- Using the 60W power supply instead of the 80W power supply.
#2- A defective power supply.
#3- A defective climate line.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I detached everything from each other and unplugged the power supply from the wall and left it all sitting for a half hour.

I plugged everything back in and got the same results, so I'm convinced something is defective. I'll call the supplier and see what they want to do next. Hopefully insurance will cover it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having the same issue - but when I used an 80w power supply, all the locks disappeared.

PJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 05:05 AM)flibbidyfloo Wrote: I couldn't say exactly when it happened, but it's gotten very noticeable this winter with really cold temps. At some point though my System One stopped heating the tube.

I've gone into the clinical menu and the options are locked and can't be changed.

I thought maybe my tube was bad, but I just got a new one that I tried and it also doesn't work. So I've tried three tubes including a brand new one and the options remain locked.

Does this mean the unit is not detecting the hose is heatable and won't unlock the option? Or is there some super secret way of turning off the lock.

The "system lock" option is already turned off and I can change other clinician options like pressure.

Go to the CLINICIAN setup menu by turning the selector to SETUP,
then simultaneously hold down the control wheel and the Ramp buttons until the machine beeps.
One again rotate the selector wheel to SETUP and then press the selector wheel on the System One downward.

Scroll through the options until you get to TUBING TYPE and select UNLOCK - note if it is "LOCKED" the machine will NOT automatically recognize the Heated Tubing!!

Select the temperature desired for the heated tube, I selected "5". If the air is too warm you can reduce this. If you select "0" the HEATED TUBE WILL NOT HEAT UP!!

Be careful not to change the pressure settings for your device - ask your clinician for your correct setting if you are unsure.

Hope this helps. I got really annoyed by my heated tube suddenly no longer working, and purchased a replacement tube for $52 that I -did not- need. It didn't work either.

Your humidifier light should glow amber while the tube is plugged in and the machine is ON. (See attached photos).

Cheers.

Robert M. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone. New to the group. I recently had the problem of not recognizing the heating tube. My 560 saw the power supply as a 60 watt. Bought a new 80w and everything is working again.
Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 06:04 PM)Patson Wrote: Hi everyone. New to the group. I recently had the problem of not recognizing the heating tube. My 560 saw the power supply as a 60 watt. Bought a new 80w and everything is working again.
Rob

Welcome to Apnea Board Patson!
I haven't run into that problem "yet", but the power bricks can and do go bad.  Glad that's all it was.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 05:36 AM)DocWils Wrote: Sounds like it doesn't recognise the hose - are you sure you have the correct heated hose, and not a standard hose? If you have been using the correct hoses all along, then the problem lies in the humidifier's connector to the hose, in all probability, and needs to be swapped out.

I have the same exact problem as stated above. just recieved a new hose and huminder tank. all was working well . The rain is so bad. I cannot use the machine.  please help
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 11:09 AM)mable15 Wrote: I have the same exact problem as stated above. just recieved a new hose and huminder tank. all was working well . The rain is so bad. I cannot use the machine.  please help

Hi mable15,
Are you using a heated hose or a regular hose? A heated hose with a fleece hose cover will help with rainout. Just be sure the hose is angled downwards to the humidifier tank.

You may also want to try and lower the humidity setting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Too-funny Thanks, I do all of that. I just got a new hose and water chamber.  Lolabove  since then the rainout has been terrible. I am unable to unlock humidification in the setup mode.
Mable
Post Reply Post Reply
I know when I had the wrong ac adapter I couldn't get to the heated hose options either. Odd that the PS would fail but still run the unit just not the heated hose. Makes me want to grab a spare....
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,333 4 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,646 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 115 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 385 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,031 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,893 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 477 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.