Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One no longer heating hose
RE: System One no longer heating hose
Go into clinical and turn OFF system one humidification then turn on heated hose humidification.

System one humidification is how I run in the summer. To do that I have to turn on System One Humidity and turn off heated hose humidity because I run the heated tube all the time. Though in summer the machine is set to ignore the heated hose being plugged in.

You have the hose turned off and running in Systemone humidity mode. Which you can do by turning the heated hose off in clinical even though it is plugged in.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 03:02 PM)bill-e Wrote: ...is that correct, is the water getting hot?

The water doesn't appear to be getting hot... At least not after the 10 minutes I just used it for... Is still pretty cool to the touch.

I guess I'll call my provider tomorrow and ask for a replacement humidifier unit...

(01-04-2015, 07:48 PM)Galactus Wrote: Are you sure you are in the clinician setup and not just in the setup? Because the lock you speak of sounds like it is locked in system one setting in the clinician setup and that what you see is the lock in the setup settings.

To get to the clinician menu you still dial to setup, but just clicking in setup doesn't take you to clinician mode it takes you to user setup.

Yes, I've used the long double press to get into the clinician menu where I can see hidden options like pressure settings that you can't see in the normal setup menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only other thing I can think of then is scroll down to the very end of the clinician menu and make sure that the "system one" is not locked in. I tried on my machine and I can not seem to get the lock you describe in any other way.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2015, 10:14 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Go into clinical and turn OFF system one humidification then turn on heated hose humidification.

Just for reference, I've never changed this setting. However, if I turn off "System One humidification" now the "Heated tube humidification" option remains locked at OFF.

Galctus (and everyone), thanks for trying so much stuff to help! The System One Lock option is already set to OFF.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont check you water take the tank out start the machine and place your hand on the heat plate and see if it starts warming up. Itll take a few mins so give it a bit.

As to the hose Im going right now to go thru mine and see what I did to get the lock off heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I just ran every possible set up of humidification settings there is on the Auto Aflex 560. Heated hose hooked up and off, heated hose disconnected on and on and there is no way even locking everything down by Locking System one that I can get a lock symbol to appear on the heated hose humidification setting. In any configuration including with a plain hose or with the heated hose connected.

So Im stumped. If its sensing the hose and its turned on you wont see an option for System One humidity. If its turned off you do.

But I cannot in anyway get a lock symbol to show on the heated hose on off setting. Sorry but your machine is doing something mine simply cant be made to do so I cant help. Im guessing theres something wrong with the machine itself. Because there shouldnt even BE a lock symbol on the heated hose setting just on or off. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a bunch of checking on this, and it seems that lock will appear if the power supply is the 60 and not the 80 watt. I can not confirm as I do not have the other power supply here this evening. Check and make certain you have the right power supply plugged in.

Ghost is you have the other power supply you can try and check if the lock will appear when using the wrong supply.

Yes, I am almost certain I am correct I just found the error code and it is as you describe, I'll post it in a minute..........

[Image: 651zdc.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 12:43 AM)Galactus Wrote: I did a bunch of checking on this, and it seems that lock will appear if the power supply is the 60 and not the 80 watt. I can not confirm as I do not have the other power supply here this evening. Check and make certain you have the right power supply plugged in.

This is something I was wondering about, since the "info" screen for the humidifier does say "60w" as I mentioned. I don't know if this is a "status" indication or just a static indication of minimum power required.

But the power supply is clearly labelled "80 watts" and the heated tube used to work. I've only ever had the one power supply.

Is it possible that the power supply has gone bad and isn't providing enough power? Is the machine smart enough to test the power based on actual current, or does it get some signal from the brick telling it what kind it is?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 11:29 AM)flibbidyfloo Wrote:
(01-06-2015, 12:43 AM)Galactus Wrote: I did a bunch of checking on this, and it seems that lock will appear if the power supply is the 60 and not the 80 watt. I can not confirm as I do not have the other power supply here this evening. Check and make certain you have the right power supply plugged in.

This is something I was wondering about, since the "info" screen for the humidifier does say "60w" as I mentioned. I don't know if this is a "status" indication or just a static indication of minimum power required.

But the power supply is clearly labelled "80 watts" and the heated tube used to work. I've only ever had the one power supply.

Is it possible that the power supply has gone bad and isn't providing enough power? Is the machine smart enough to test the power based on actual current, or does it get some signal from the brick telling it what kind it is?

The other error code in the book that I found which also displays the error code on the humidifier with the flashing orange then blue as you describe indicates that if you have the right supply it is defective. If the status shows 60W that would be the reason it is not working and locked, it is due to the unit not seeing the right supply and it is smart enough to know the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try unplugging the power supply from the wall and letting it sit for a while then plug it back in. Might fix it for a while might not but Id be ordering a new power supply based on what Galactus posted. My manual error codes say the same thing so your power supply is probably on borrowed time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,295 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 382 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 300 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,792 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.