Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One resistance setting for a F/P Opus 360 nasal pillow?
System One resistance setting for a F/P Opus 360 nasal pillow?
Can not find a resistance setting for an Opus nasal pillow for Respironics System One Auto. Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One resistance setting for a F/P Opus 360 nasal pillow?
(06-06-2013, 09:53 PM)MZig Wrote: Can not find a resistance setting for an Opus nasal pillow for Respironics System One Auto. Help!
Unlike ResMed mask selection to do with leak rate calculation, not sure what system one resistance suppose to do. Just another way to use their own masks. anyway from what read, system one resistance for non,-Respironcis masks is "0"
[Image: MaskSettingsforSystemOneResistanceC.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MZig,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you perform a Google search on "systemoneresistancecontrol" (all one word with no spaces) and look for the entry at respironics.com, you will see graphs that describe the SystemOne Resistance Control.

The graphs on the left are the pressure as measured at the CPAP machine. The graphs on the right are the pressure as measured in your airway. The graphs on the top are without resistance compensation, and the graphs on the bottom are with resistance compensation.

Basically, the machine intentionally under-/over-compensates the provided pressure to make sure that the final delivered pressure corresponds to the intended pressure profile.

For obvious reasons, Philips does not provide compensation values for non-Respironics masks, rather specifying that the resistance control setting be turned off. You could probably (maybe) find a comparable Respironics mask to your Opus nasal pillow and try that setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk is correct. Non-Respironics masks do not have a specified "System One Resistance" setting. Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess I got lucky when I bought the comfort gel full face mask ...it has a resistance number for my S1...so sad how manufacturers sneak this crapware into everything to ensure you HAVE to buy their overpriced masks as well after buying their ridiculously priced machines.
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,265 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,186 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.