Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System one 60 series Humidifier upgrade
Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the upgrade of the humidifier above from a non heated tube humidifier to a heated tube humidifier. Seems there is an upgrade kit which supplies new humidifier cover, 80 watt power supply and a heated tube.

apapuser
I saw the upgrade at the DME. Just wondering why you'd upgrade?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
(06-03-2014, 08:52 PM)Galactus Wrote: I saw the upgrade at the DME. Just wondering why you'd upgrade?

hi

For the heated Tube and rainout issues

Apapuser

according to your avatar, and your machine info, you've already got the heated tube option.
(06-03-2014, 09:19 PM)diamaunt Wrote: according to your avatar, and your machine info, you've already got the heated tube option.

Ah but look again. Insurance changed new DME new machine

Apapuser

I have that unit, and I have no rain out issues, have you tried turning down the humidity a bit, and placing the machine just a bit below where the mask height is? Just trying to help you if I can.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.

(06-03-2014, 09:31 PM)Galactus Wrote: I have that unit, and I have no rain out issues, have you tried turning down the humidity a bit, and placing the machine just a bit below where the mask height is? Just trying to help you if I can.

Thank you for that. I have already purchased upgrade. I had a heated humidifier previously and liked it so I wanted to convert this non heated tube humidifier I wasgiven to a heated tube humidifier
apapuser

(06-03-2014, 09:22 PM)Apapuser Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 09:19 PM)diamaunt Wrote: according to your avatar, and your machine info, you've already got the heated tube option.

Apapuser

that's not a 60 series in your pic.... that's a 50, 60's have brown fronts, not white ones Wink (looking at one on the other side of the bed for reference)
I purchased and installed the heated tube upgrade myself. If you still need to know anything just post back and I'll try to answer. I love the heated tube over the non-heated one by the way.

(06-03-2014, 10:54 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 09:22 PM)Apapuser Wrote:

Apapuser

that's not a 60 series in your pic.... that's a 50, 60's have brown fronts, not white ones Wink (looking at one on the other side of the bed for reference)

Well that was the closest I found. Perhaps there was a 50 series I did not notice but my model is a DS560

Apapuser

(06-04-2014, 07:32 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: I purchased and installed the heated tube upgrade myself. If you still need to know anything just post back and I'll try to answer. I love the heated tube over the non-heated one by the way.

Hi I just wanted to know how you were liking it
Thanks
Apapuser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 13 406 11 hours ago
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 4 126 01-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: msgill59
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 202 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 4 179 01-18-2017, 01:47 AM