Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
Has anyone tried this product? Allegedly it is now "new and improved".

Supplier #1 sells it as do others. It's a nasal pillow without head gear. It uses a mouth piece to hold the pillows in place.

Search Google/Bing for Tap Pap nasal pillow.

I would be interested to hear how well it works and how it is with leaks. The pictures I've seen are people using it without a chin strap. Would be a bonus if I could ditch yet another face hugging alien ware.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
(06-10-2016, 03:45 PM)AlanE Wrote: Has anyone tried this product? Allegedly it is now "new and improved".

Supplier #1 sells it as do others. It's a nasal pillow without head gear. It uses a mouth piece to hold the pillows in place.

Search Google/Bing for Tap Pap nasal pillow.

I would be interested to hear how well it works and how it is with leaks. The pictures I've seen are people using it without a chin strap. Would be a bonus if I could ditch yet another face hugging alien ware.

I have been using the Tap Pap for 1 1/2 years and really like it. I used it for about 6 months without head gear, but started spitting it out in my sleep. I bought the headgear and wear it very loose so I don't spit it out.

The mouth piece is still somewhat fragile, but mine usually last 3 or 4 months. The first mask lasted until last month.

It is great with leaks until the mouthpiece wears out. That is how I know I need to replace the mouthpiece.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, Tom. Sounds like I may have to think about this one a little more. I'm sure I would have issues with the mouth piece.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2016, 06:10 PM)AlanE Wrote: Thanks for the reply, Tom. Sounds like I may have to think about this one a little more. I'm sure I would have issues with the mouth piece.

Yes, I thought the same thing. However, some time ago I acquired a sore on the lower outside of my nare from wearing the Swift FX a little too tight before I noticed. Kind of a drag after using the Swift FX for about 4 years. Actually, the spot isn't sore, it's abraded, it never hurts but hasn't healed yet, either.

I've tried all sort of things, from an AirFit F10 (felt like a dog with my head out the car window) to a SleepWeaver Elan, to putting a pad-a-cheek barrel cozy on the Swift FX along with a bandaid on my nose. Nothing has both worked for me and also protected the abraded spot, and it needs to heal already.

So I just got the Tap Pap, even though I've never slept with anything in my mouth, and had real doubts that I would be able to get it done. Fitting it was a hassle, too loose the first time. The second try is better, but may be too tight, we'll see. None the less, it holds well after the "too loose" experience. So I decided to go with the second try.

Well, last night it seemed to work. I'm not used to it yet, so I woke up earlier in the morning than usual, having something in my mouth *smile*. But I did get more than 5 hours with it, a 95% leak rate of 0, and a low AHI. So, I guess maybe it might work after all. If not, I have 30 days to get it back to the sellers, so that's fine, too.

I'm impressed by the stability of it, and how lightly I could have the nasal pillows in contact with my nose and still get a good seal. First time in some time that the abraded spot on my nose hasn't been affected. I think that I've got a shot at getting it healed at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have to soak the mouthpiece in hot water?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,858 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 863 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.