Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

TAP-PAP mask
Sad 
TAP-PAP mask
I recently purchased the TAP-PAP nasal pillow mask from #26 on your supplier list. It came WITHOUT the moldable mouthpiece, just a hard plastic plate which I assume would hold the moldable plastic. Unusable, and it appears they sell the mouthpiece separately for an additional $30. Just a Caveat Emptor if you are looking for one of these. Sad
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TAP-PAP mask
Indeed, it is your responsibility to be sure what you are buying.

If you had purchased the "TapPap Nasal Pillow Cpap Mask Fit Pack", then you would have received a complete mask, including the mouth piece as shown on their site.

As with most masks, you can purchase parts separately to make a complete mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I jsielke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will be able to get the other part that goes to that mask.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I replied earlier but don't see it. In brief I DID buy the "FitPack." Got everything except the mouthpiece. The company (#26) has chosen not to reply to me. Dont-know
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That's unfortunate. I've purchased a few things from them, and never had any problems.
I would call their 800 # and ask to talk to a manager.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also purchased the Tap-Pap from a different supplier in December and the hard plastic piece is what you bit down on to mold the mouthpiece. There is a bit of a process to get it warmed and fitted, and it was very comfortable, but unfortunately I'm a mouth breather and I had to return it. You can go online to the manufacturer for molding instructions if your tap-pap didn't come with them.

Hope this helps a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
This video explains the molding process. It sounds like you may have what you need. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5fmKpDAxI
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using tap pap for possibly a year or longer and am on my 2nd mouthpiece, which has just gotten loose on one side and doesn't hold up the pillows very well anymore, so in ordering a new mouthguard, [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 
offers a reduced price for a subscription service stating the recommended replacement is every 6 months (saw where people were wondering what advised replacement was.  This is from [DME Link Removed]Supplier #1  
and don't really know how THEY arrived with that advice but it sounds reasonable to me.)

Others have spoken about it getting too tight, I too have been there, and after it is first fitted it seems great but within a day or two it seems too tight and can hurt a bit.  So this newest one I probably reheated and refitted it 5 or 6 times to try to get it right and I wonder if this is why it is failing now, because one half of the guard is loose and is movable - not what it should be and probably the reason I am getting a red sad face for the seal as it allows the pillow to drop down.  When heating and fitting I have to concentrate on remembering to center it,  don't suck it to my teeth too strongly or it fits too tight, and if that is a concern agree with someone else who states they wiggle it a bit to let it loosen up.  My first one I got just right on my first try, it would actually "snap" over my teeth on each side and hold superbly!  That the 2nd one wore out and failed in structural integrity and sagged was probably my fault from heating and fitting so many times.  The person that wrote how hardy the guard was that she didn't think they would EVER fail rather astounded me.  But the 2nd one was the IMPROVED version that was supposed to be thinner and lighter material so maybe that meant not as sturdy either.

I agree it is amazingly quiet, I wake up and panic that I have taken it off but when I reach up I AM wearing it!  Sleep is better than without Cpap but not as good as it should be because I am fighting leaks as I have been a lifelong mouth breather and it has been quite the learning curve to overcome that, but I refuse to wear a full face mask - pressure had to be 18+- and on Tap Pap 9.8!.  Early on I started wearing a foam velcro tightening surgical collar and I've improvised to pull that up in front over my chin to keep my lower lip pushed up and closed...Because I had heard someone say it's not your mouth so much that has to close, just your lower lip - and they were right.  Then I have to concentrate on keeping my tongue pushed up into the cavity that makes the roof of my mouth (NOT pushed to the back of the teeth as many think.)   And there are nights that has produced a perfect 100 My Air score - it is working for me.

No headgear to tangle my hair or make me feel like I am in bondage, LOVE, the tap pap!

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Just realized in my former contribution I mentioned soft foam velcro-close surgical collar and of course I meant cervical collar, and so I came back to edit and correct but can't figure out how to do an edit on an existing post?  Couldn't find an Edit button around my original post.  So this will have to do.  Also see where a DME i had unfortunately mentioned had to be removed, my apologies for that oversight.  I've read more now and see more of how this properly works.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,214 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,424 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,833 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,530 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.