Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Take charge of your therapy
Take charge of your therapy
Wanted to offer encouragement to those that are struggling adjusting to xPAP therapy. Please make use of the amazing, smart people that are on this board to help tweak your settings to get the most out of your therapy. Unfortunately most of us don't have sleep doctors that are involved to the level that we need to get relief but that information can be found here just by asking for help.

I've posted the bottom of my statistics chart from Sleepyhead that shows the changes I have made in my prescribed settings and how it has lowered my AHI. I've also made adjustments to AFLEX/CFLEX and fixed/adaptive humidification settings to help with comfort. I have been very lucky to come this far so quickly but that has all been made possible by suggestions from board members.

Stay with your xPAP, it will change your life! Thanks to all that have helped me (especially Sleeprider).

[Image: YZ4zg4Rl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Take charge of your therapy
Ray, did you realize you are just up the road? Well about 3-exits actually.

Thanks for posting the feedback, and keep up the good work.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 10:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ray, did you realize you are just up the road? Well about 3-exits actually.

Thanks for posting the feedback, and keep up the good work.

Tom

I did. I have a sister that lives in Monroeville and am out your way often. May need to meet up some time for a beverage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I totally agree. Because of insurance ineptness I was given a machine with auto learn. I had no idea what was going on and without this forum and sleepyhead software I would still be lost. I tweaked my settings and am usually under 0.5 RDI. Your doctor doesn't have time to get involved, your the one to do it.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
No one in the world is more invested in your longevity than you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is not about CPAP therapy persay, but it is about taking charge of your health.
I had an experience when I had to get some lab work done some years back; I have always had to have the blood taken from my hand for best results for me and everyone concerned. When I got sat down in the lab chair, I told them to take it out of my hand, and all of a sudden, I noticed that the lab tech was looking up my arm instead of the vains in my hand. Well, I kind of rared back in the chair and told him, now, if you do what I tell you, we’ll get along just fine, and he said Ok, Ok, and I repeated, yeah, you take it out of my hand.
No one has interest in your health the way you do, so it is up to you to take charge because if you don’t take charge, they think they can do you any old way.

Good job Cranberry Ray, keep up the good work in taking charge of your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 602 Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,257 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,149 Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 82 03-17-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 13 699 03-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: marcinpiskala
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 3 159 03-15-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SleepyLlama

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.