Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Take humidifier to the tropics?
Take humidifier to the tropics?
Hello,

I'm leaving for 10 days in the tropics on Monday, and was wondering if I should bother with taking my humidifier?

The lodging will be unairconditioned, so cooled only by the breeze and a ceiling fan.

Thoughts? I don't want to schlep it along if there is really no need.

Thanks,

Dooley
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Take humidifier to the tropics?
Check out this thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...he-tropics
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Zonk. I did try to search for this before posting (just so you know I'm not a lazy lout!), but I only searched in the entire document, not the titles, and it didn't come up with that. Even with the title search it's almost at the bottom of the first page! Goofy search engine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Its Ok ... I recall this thread very well from our old forum started by another Aussie "BlueDevil"
Post Reply Post Reply
One more question - Do you think it is mandatory that I take along distilled water for the 10 days I'll be away? Just wondering if tap water will have a negative effect on my machine in that short period of time.

Thanks,

Dooley
Post Reply Post Reply
Don,t think tap water would have any negative effect on the machine but probably you,ll have to clean the water tank more often soaking in water vinegar solution. Here I use tap water but would not use it in some dubious location. You can check almost everything on the internet see if distilled water is available where you going or even from the hotel. Work nightly water usage and multiply by 10 so you can take it with you,
maybe 2 liter container might be sufficient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dooley, I hope you have fun in the tropics. Maybe you could get distilled water where you are going but I know it is pretty expensive in hotels, so to save a bit, you might want to take some with you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
We're going to be in a pretty remote place, so I think I'll take it along. Thanks much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Dooley Wrote: We're going to be in a pretty remote place, so I think I'll take it along. Thanks much!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSru4gg7B_EQ9wJJCKUqfl...Ytu5T1dY_A]

Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you take an appropriate power plug adapter
Few things might come handy taking with the machine in the bag
Extension cord
Spare filter
Spare hose and mask cushion
Unscented wipes (alcohol free)
I,m sure others have more to add .... Bon Voyage
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 321 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 516 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.