Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Take sleep study WITH dental guard or WITHOUT?
RE: Take sleep study WITH dental guard or WITHOUT?
(07-20-2012, 10:48 PM)mjbearit Wrote: [quote='Tommy C' pid='14909' dateline='1342819418']
I bought a Respironics APAP DS550 with A-Flex and I love it! The APAP gives me the pressure I need, on the fly, and the A-Flex allows me to breathe out with very little effort!
[...]
The DS550 is not even the absolute latest, but since the Sleepyhead Software does not yet support the ... okay, senior moment, I forgot what the new one is called, the Pro One or something, I decided on the DS550.

The newer model 560 is the same machine, I think. They just added the heated hose to compete with ResMed. The ResMed S9 is probably equivalent, has been out a lot longer so it's available used at a reduced price, and can be used with Rescan as well as SleepyHead. Both are free.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2012, 09:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote: BiPAP is the Respironics brand name for a bilevel machine. I imagine Resmed must make a bilevel machine?

ResMed calls bilevel "VPAP".
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
An Update:

I posted last week I was scheduled for a nuclear cardio heart stress test due to some left arm and chest discomfort while exercising. I also mentioned that since using the dental guard and sleeping on my side for the past few weeks, the chest pain has disappeared. I thought maybe the OSA had done some heart damage and wanted to be sure before proceeding with the home sleep study.

Well, today I took the cardio nuclear test and the results came back negative. The doc thought the stress test and pictures looked quite normal for a healthy blood flow and symetrical picture. If there was dead heart tissue in there he would spotted it.

He thought that maybe the arm pain was related to a pinched nerve in the shoulder. Or the heart pain may be more from stress and the OSA.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say the least, and will be taking the home sleep study in a day or two when it arrives. These kinds of results make us want to drop an extra 15 pounds and eat even better to keep going....

So the next update will tell if I will become an official hosehead, I guess...Wink

T
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.