Take sleep study WITH dental guard or WITHOUT?
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Take sleep study WITH dental guard or WITHOUT?
(07-20-2012 10:48 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  [quote='Tommy C' pid='14909' dateline='1342819418']
I bought a Respironics APAP DS550 with A-Flex and I love it! The APAP gives me the pressure I need, on the fly, and the A-Flex allows me to breathe out with very little effort!
[...]
The DS550 is not even the absolute latest, but since the Sleepyhead Software does not yet support the ... okay, senior moment, I forgot what the new one is called, the Pro One or something, I decided on the DS550.

The newer model 560 is the same machine, I think. They just added the heated hose to compete with ResMed. The ResMed S9 is probably equivalent, has been out a lot longer so it's available used at a reduced price, and can be used with Rescan as well as SleepyHead. Both are free.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-21-2012 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(07-20-2012 09:47 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  BiPAP is the Respironics brand name for a bilevel machine. I imagine Resmed must make a bilevel machine?

ResMed calls bilevel "VPAP".

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
07-22-2012 09:07 PM
Tommy C Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: To be determined
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

An Update:

I posted last week I was scheduled for a nuclear cardio heart stress test due to some left arm and chest discomfort while exercising. I also mentioned that since using the dental guard and sleeping on my side for the past few weeks, the chest pain has disappeared. I thought maybe the OSA had done some heart damage and wanted to be sure before proceeding with the home sleep study.

Well, today I took the cardio nuclear test and the results came back negative. The doc thought the stress test and pictures looked quite normal for a healthy blood flow and symetrical picture. If there was dead heart tissue in there he would spotted it.

He thought that maybe the arm pain was related to a pinched nerve in the shoulder. Or the heart pain may be more from stress and the OSA.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say the least, and will be taking the home sleep study in a day or two when it arrives. These kinds of results make us want to drop an extra 15 pounds and eat even better to keep going....

So the next update will tell if I will become an official hosehead, I guess...Wink

T
07-24-2012 06:18 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Keep us posted!

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-24-2012 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleep latency -study results Dagmar 1 74 Yesterday 10:04 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 306 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 236 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 11 496 11-29-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 442 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 317 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 358 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster