Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Take the good with the bad....
RE: Take the good with the bad....
Keep at it, and as you continue on your xPAP path, you'll notice nights of good and bad numbers, likewise some nights that feel good compared to some bad. Captain Obvious is to minimize those bad nights. If you can string several good nights together, it'll help how you're going to feel. And yes the opposite is also true.

If you happen to start stringing the "bad", that's when to look at some of the "what and why" which is the data including extrapolating trends on OSCAR. However, when you get to stringing multiple good nights, just keep going and don't look back.

FWIW for me about myself: it takes 2 bad nights in a row for me to suspect an issue. Any one night that's "bad" is probably a one off, and I'm tossing that out as an outlier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, making progress!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
And sorry I forgot to answer your question about my data. So yeah I am just ending my first month of compliance, 2 more to go now and then visit with my doctor in middle January. I am an Electrical Engineer by trade and one thing I told myself is I am not going to drive myself crazy with numbers day by day. Like someone said earlier, if I feel good with things going well I will be happy with that. I’m not going to be driven by numbers only. I do want to continue to monitor things and if I cant get them more dialed in I would absolutely want and need more help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I would encourage you to post your OSCAR charts so we could check them. We have been doing this collectively for a long time and may see things that should be corrected. By all means make sure that both we explain and you understand prior to making changes. I agree with your not being obcessed with some number
Post Reply Post Reply
Fully understand and plan to post them! Thanks again for the help  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.