Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking a break from CPAP
RE: Taking a break from CPAP
thanks for laffing with me Big Grinnie

The hormone thing, ANP, Intrathoracic pressure, etc - these remind us that CPAP does indeed have effects on the body, and not all are desired. The reduction of ANP is all good (I think) but the increase in thoracic pressure can be very hard on the kidneys and can result in water retention and therefore actually increase BP. Untreated apnea also results in elevated BP. It requires monitoring and intelligent application of data to get things right, because we are not all the same (except RG, he's the same - but he never shows up anymore...)

CPAP is not quite as benign as some would like to say. the thoracic pressure increase, tho can be mitigated by using bipap in vulnerable folk.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking a break from CPAP
Thanks for this, Daria.

(06-07-2016, 03:01 PM)DariaVader Wrote: thanks for laffing with me Big Grinnie

The hormone thing, ANP, Intrathoracic pressure, etc - these remind us that CPAP does indeed have effects on the body, and not all are desired. The reduction of ANP is all good (I think) but the increase in thoracic pressure can be very hard on the kidneys and can result in water retention and therefore actually increase BP. Untreated apnea also results in elevated BP. It requires monitoring and intelligent application of data to get things right, because we are not all the same (except RG, he's the same - but he never shows up anymore...)

CPAP is not quite as benign as some would like to say. the thoracic pressure increase, tho can be mitigated by using bipap in vulnerable folk.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 324 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 686 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,354 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  [CPAP] Taking a look at my chart :) hbvlr 1 445 07-13-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user keep taking off mask while sleeping hexlabsnick 4 603 06-18-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: hexlabsnick
  Taking my VAUTO to recess coldfeet7 13 1,557 05-06-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.