Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking cpap machine in a smoking environment
Taking cpap machine in a smoking environment
So I will be staying at a friends house for a month who is a smoker. The house smells like smoke but it's not "that" bad in that you wreak of smoke just walking in.

Anyways, I am hesitant to bring my Cpap machine there for the month as I don't want it smelling like smoke for years after. I am a non smoker and always slept in non smoking environments, but frankly I hate the smell of cigarettes. Talked to my friend and she is going to smoke outside well I am there, but still.....

Should I use my cpap machine in a smoking environment? Will it have a lasting effect on the machine? Anyone used thier's in a smoking environment, did it make it smell or do anything to it?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking cpap machine in a smoking environment
(04-22-2014, 10:07 PM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: Should I use my cpap machine in a smoking environment? Will it have a lasting effect on the machine?
Thanks,
Smoke and PAP is not the best friends

Keep clear of any smokey environment, if that means avoiding friends who smoke, your health is more important

Its better to have PAP smoke free than trying getting rid of smoke stench from PAP Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
I always tell people to go outside if they don't like me smoking in my house Grin non smokers can be so rude.

If yer can't beat em, join em....... or buy a cheep machine to use while you are there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to smoke... A lot. So I try not to be rude to anyone that still does. I know everyone knows the harm it does and everyone has to assess that risk for themselves. Before I quit, I did get to the point where I would only smoke outside on the porch. I really enjoyed the difference it made in the cleanliness of my house. And it helped keep me from buying quite as many packs too, so that was good. I did finally quit completely once I had developed a severe enough case of emphysema. But that was completely my decision. I wasn't about to let anyone tell me whether or not I should smoke before then by gum. As far as exposing others to smoke? Last month I saw for the first time the death certificate for my mother. The poor old woman never smoked a day in her life. But she always lived with people that did. First her husband, then when he was gone her grown children (my sister and her husband). She died from lung cancer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, she voluntarily said she would go outside I never asked her. I am just trying to gauge if I should make it an issue or just roll with it. The money I am saving staying there for month would pay for a new machine easily...lol

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.