Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking mask off at night while sleeping doctor perscribed Nuvigil
RE: Taking mask off at night while sleeping doctor perscribed Nuvigil
(02-20-2017, 04:23 PM)TurdFerguson8675 Wrote: I go to bed alone, put mask on, wake in morning with mask off, and exhausted, machine displaying insufficient hours of operation

This is the problem you need to solve. Use the alarm to wake you when the mask comes off, and use bobby pins or safety pins or whatever it takes to keep that mask on.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so this wrist-worn oxygen meter will sound an alarm if i turn my machine off (well, i mean, if my oxygen level goes down b/c i have) in the middle of the night??  :-))  <----- big stupid hopeful grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 01:30 PM)TurdFerguson8675 Wrote: so this wrist-worn oxygen meter will sound an alarm if i turn my machine off (well, i mean, if my oxygen level goes down b/c i have) in the middle of the night??  :-))  <----- big stupid hopeful grin

You said you wake up with the mask off, even though you went to sleep with it on. You can set the CPAP machine to sound an alarm when the mask is removed.

I made no reference to or comment about an oxygen meter. My opinion is that you need to keep the mask on. And that if you can't find a way to do that then nothing else you or anyone else has mentioned in this thread will have any bearing on your health. CPAP machines only work when you use them.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
(02-20-2017, 04:23 PM)TurdFerguson8675 Wrote: Do CPAP machines exist that will alarm when a mask is not being worn for a specified period of time?

(Haven't found one yet, affording it is another matter.
Headline: "Masked man robs bank to afford CPAP machine --- but wears CPAP mask!"
---- which country? do you really have to ask??)

I bet I should clarify to avoid getting irrelevant answers or questions:

I go to bed alone, put mask on, wake in morning with mask off, and exhausted, machine displaying insufficient hours of operation
(meaning 1-2hrs but lets not quibble on that #, please, use
whatever # is too low for you).

About the masked man thing? If I don't post in the near future, warden won't let me. Hehe.

Seriously, I'm kinda in the same boat here. Sleep for 2 hours on BiPAP. Wake and turn off BiPAP. Use bathroom and promptly fall asleep back in bed. 

Oh-jeez Forgot to restart BiPAP! Doh! Just got the bright idea, likely the only one this month BTW, I'll leave the mask on when visiting the bathroom, machine off and mask disconnected from tube of course.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for your reply but that is not the problem i am having.

my problem is that i take it off while i'm sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 889 11 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 209 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 657 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 323 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.