Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
RE: Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
Hi Louman, congratulations on sticking with it. Is your machine set to shut down when the mask comes off or the hose becomes disconnected? I set my machine to continue running so the noise usually wakes me when there is a disconnect. This means that I need to manually shut the machine down for bathroom breaks etc but that’s no big deal. This may or may not help your situation but I thought I would mention it. Best wishes to you. 
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
I called my CPAP equipment provider this morning, they have shipped my new Resmed Quattro FX CPAP mask, should be receiving it in a couple of days.
Hopefully this will be a more comfortable mask for me, then on my way to start a better CPAP therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good news -- keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my new Resmed Quattro Fx mask today, hope I will have a better CPAP therapy with the new mask tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got over 6 hrs CPAP therapy hours with my new CPAP mask last night!
I only took off my mask once to adjust for leaks, did not remove hose at all!
This mask fits better on my face and less leaks than the Resmed Airfit F10, it didn't fit correctly.
Hopefully I will get better results in the next couple of days...
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! I hope this is your "keeper" mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats masked man
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo,
The Resmed Quattro mask has been my go to or keeper mask for many years, I wanted to try another mask the Resmed Airfit F10 but I made a bad decision in getting that mask, my CPAP supplier suggested that I go back to the mask that has been working for me for many years.
Now I realize that an improper fitting mask does affect your CPAP therapy, and large leaks doesn't help..that's why I've been feeling miserable and tired and taking off my mask and hose at night.
I'll see by the end of the week if my therapy compliance increases, judging from last night, it looks promising!

Sarcastic Dave, yes we are masked men and sound like Darth Vader while sleeping with our CPAP mask! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
May the CPAP force be with you padawan. Or have you been promoted to master?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No not yet Sarcastic Dave, I haven't mastered in not taking off my mask while I'm sleeping, but I noticed the coupler for my Resmed Quattro mask that connects to my ClimateLine heated hose slides off while I move around at night, so I taped it with electrical tape so it doesn't slide off.
Did some research on this forum, it looks like others had problems with the ClimateLine heated hose not gripping well to the mask coupler. Resmed was aware of the issue since they introduced the S9 CPAP machine with the CliimateLine heated hose that it would slide oof the mask coupler.
Some have used tape or a couple of drops of Superglue to fix the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 3 94 4 hours ago
Last Post: nicchamilton
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 116 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 94 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 259 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,730 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 129 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 157 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.