Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
RE: Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
Yes, I think you had 7 set for a bit but dropped it back to 6 when you had some leaking issues and difficulty in handling the 6 to 7 change. It may be good to show a Daily OSCAR not zoomed in of what you've got data wise. I've not seen a chart for a few pages, unless of course I missed seeing it. It certainly could be pressures need to go up a bit. That's the thing about apnea therapy, something is always changing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sarcastic Dave,
I did turn up my starting pressure to 7, felt more comfortable, I will be looking for a better full face mask that seals better that my Resmed Airfit F20 in December, I did tighten the straps that helped a bit, I had over 8 hrs last night.
Can you recommend from your experience a very good full face mask that seals well?
I tried a Resmed Quattro Fx, Airfit F10 and currently use a F20 which doesn't seal well.
I have gained weight since my last titration study.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to look into the F&P Simplus or the newer Vitera. I've had excellent results with both of these.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 07:01 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You may wish to look into the F&P Simplus or the newer Vitera.  I've had excellent results with both of these.

+1 for the Simplus.  I have used this mask since 2014, and have dropped about 60 lbs or more since then.  No change to leakage with the Simplus.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
The only ones I have used at home were the memory foam AirTouch and silicone AirFit F20 and a Respironics Amara View. I have used the F&P Vitera at a sleep study early this year. Either this Vitera or the Simplus by F&P would be what I'd suggest you look into.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try the F&P Simplus, that was one of my choices when I selected the F20.
My Mom has the Simplus, will have to try it for my next full face mask purchase, thank you for your suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, hope this new mask serves well.
Post Reply Post Reply
An update,
My Resmed Airfit F20 is sealing a lot better, I have tightened the straps thus less mask leaks.
I've been avg 7-8 hrs sleep and hardly taking off my mask,and a better fit.
My AHI has been less than 1.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! It's great you've found a mask solution -- that can be very hard, as you know so well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,129 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 879 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 353 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.