Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
RE: Taking off CPAP mask or hose at night!
OK, well keep at it. You'll get your promotion soon enough. I should consider myself lucky I don't have to deal with the ClimateLine hose coming off like that. I do have a machine that doesn't like me, so that makes up for it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sarcastic Dave,
I think I might found the reason why I take off my mask or hose while I'm sleeping, last night I woke up with a very dry mouth, I'm a mouth breather and also have sinus issues which makes my CPAP therapy uncomfortable, my subconscious mind says I don't like this!
The bottom of my mask rides up so my lower lip is not inside the mask but outside, I think that's probably why I wake up realizing that my mask is off. The large mask leaks could aslo be causing my dry mouth issues.
I feel miserable and started to develop anxiety over this, I often dread putting on my CPAP mask and continue my CPAP therapy. I hate the feeling of dry mouth, making sleep an uncomfortable event for me.
I have tried different humidity levels but I often get stuffed up congestion in my nose.

Any solutions to remedy the dry mouth and nasal issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to consider a change in mask. Look into Hybrid masks which use nasal pillows and a mouthpiece rather than a rigid frame over the nose. For example Philips Dreamwear Full Face, Mirage Liberty, and Innomed/ Respcare. It may be worth buying through Supplier #1 who provides a 30 day fit guarantee.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
I do have a Resmed F30i mask, but I find it hard to use, as I have dry sinuses and congestion issues, I cant tolerate the air pressure  through the nasal pillow under the nose for a long time. 
I seem to have high leak rates with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure simply opens the airway. Flow is what dries out your nose, mouth and throat, and flow is created by excess leaks. Solve the leak and the dryness and irritation can be be resolved. If your F30i is not working out, and you are not the first, you may need something else. Think about where leaks occur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree, some aspect needs to change such as a different model or make of mask. This tends to be the hardest part of PAP therapy, getting the right mask. Just as bad is getting Dr. Dolittle to do something right, in most cases anyway.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will read the primer on mask fitting, I read that you should adjust your mask lying down for a proper fit.
I will go to my supplier and try out different masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to adjust the straps on my F10 mask and had hardly any leaks with an AHI of 0, I guess adjusting my mask lying down was a better mask fit!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! Have a Coffee and a good night's sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Sarcastic Dave,
I got a good nights sleep, I got 8.49 hrs on my CPAP machine! and an AHI 0f 1.5
It seems that my Resmed F10 mask is more comfortable on my face and lighter than the Quattro Fx, with the straps properly adjusted.
I did not remove my mask or disconnected my hose while sleeping, only when I had to go to the bathroom.
Hoping this keeps up!
Will be back on track and feeling better with my CPAP therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 174 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,141 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 355 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.