Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking off mask at sleep
RE: Taking off mask at sleep
(02-19-2020, 05:04 AM)johanson Wrote: Hi johanson,
It sounds like you have very similar problems to me.  I recently bought a camera and video myself at night.  It is crazy the stuff I do without any recall of it :Smile 
The sound that it is recording is the sound of the cpap fan itself.  When the cpap is on the fan makes some noise.  I basically record 10 minutes of it and then check the size of the file that is created.  If the file is smaller than a specific size I play some music.  It starts off with music and slowly escalates over several minutes until it is a full on industrial alarm.  This could be a problem if you have a light sleeping significant other that does not wear ear plugs.  Turning it off and on again basically resets it to start over with another 10 minute record.  Also, just putting the mask on with the mellow music should keep it from escalating to the industrial alarm.  This is all configurable too.

A recent problem that I am having with it is that I switched to full masks.  For whatever reason with the S10 if I rip off the nasal pillows in nasal pillow mode the machine will auto turn off within a minute.  With the full face mask it will not do that.  So in the more rare case where I pull my mask off and it is still blowing air this doesn't work as well.  But if the fan/cpap stops this will most likely work perfectly for you.

I will do my best to help you out.  Are you really in France ?
If you are in the US I can literally build one and send it to you.   This is the code.  The actual script is cpap_sounder.pl:
github.com/newtonchris/cpap_wake 
Don't worry that it looks hard to understand.  It is kind of ugly at this point because I did the minimum work to get a working prototype as I'm super busy with other stuff atm.  It would probably look ugly to most even if it was written elegantly which it is not.
Anyways, send me an email and I can help you offline.  I'll post back to here if we actually get this working for you.  
christ 
asin Jesus followed by
newton
asin Isaac
at the g service.  Put it all together...obscured as best as possible to keep the auto trolls from spamming me. No dots, underscores or dashes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help keeping mask on/less fragmented sleep jblack33 8 269 04-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 184 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,259 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 220 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 416 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.