Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking the ResMed S9 to Europe
Taking the ResMed S9 to Europe
Hola! Will be traveling to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy and England this summer. Apparently the S9 will work on a multitude of voltages. But, I will need an adapter. Will just one work in all these countries? Does it have a name? What does it look like? Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking the ResMed S9 to Europe
From Supplier #1: World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs $14.95
[Image: world-traveler-power-adapter-plugs-noh2o.jpg]

Different plugs for different countries shown here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_elect...by_country

Electric current available and the type of attachment plugs used in over 150 countries
http://www.trade.gov/publications/abstra...d-2002.asp
Post Reply Post Reply
What Zonk said.

Have fun and be sure to give us a full, hand written report, in triplicate, with attached images and graphs, upon your return.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi harmonicamoon,
Have a good time in Europe.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
All you need is the proper adapter plug--not a voltage converter. The machine takes care of that automatically.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to pack an extension cord of high enough amps. European hotel rooms often have fewer outlets. Carry your own distilled water, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2014, 10:20 PM)Bunsen Wrote: Be sure to pack an extension cord of high enough amps. European hotel rooms often have fewer outlets. Carry your own distilled water, too.

Distilled water in Europe is hard to find and often expensive. The water there is typically not as hard so the need for low mineral content water is not an issue. If it were me, I would use the tap water (or bottled if the water had a bleach smell to it) then change out the humidifier tub when I returned.

But this is a thread about which type of plug to take, not about the water. Let's get back to that subject, please.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk has you covered in his post. Most of Europe is 230 VAC at 50 Hertz. The S9 power brick is a switching supply that can handle that Voltage and line Frequency. It's only a matter of the correct adapter plug. Get the adapter set.
The Brits use this:
[Image: G_type_plug_and_socket.png]

Much of Europe uses only 2 pins like this:
[Image: Euro-Flachstecker_2.jpg]

Both adapters are in the kit that Zonk has pointed out.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Those adapter kits can be found almost anywhere luggage is sold. Even places like RadioShack or BestBuy should have them.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
The extension cord tip is an excellent one because most rooms don't have as many outlets. I made one big time error on our trip to Russia. I also took along a plug strip so I could plug in several items at once. I knew the grid over there is 220V but figured the strip wouldn't care since all it does is carry current. Well it did because there was a fuse of some sort in it.. First time I plugged it in there was a POP! and a small cloud of smoke and the strip was toast. Wasn't as smart as I thought I was.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 351 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 701 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,372 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  [CPAP] Taking a look at my chart :) hbvlr 1 450 07-13-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] CPAP on rails in Europe jmac862 2 579 06-26-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: jmac862

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.