Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tale of Two Masks: The Good and the Bad
RE: Tale of Two Masks: The Good and the Bad
Looking at your charts on this thread, I would say that you might have been having a bad night and just happened to be wearing that mask. Some of your charts look like a pressure roller coaster, as if you might be tossing and turning. Do you have access to a camera with night vision to look at this possibility?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Tale of Two Masks: The Good and the Bad
(07-10-2018, 05:27 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Looking at your charts on this thread, I would say that you might have been having a bad night and just happened to be wearing that mask.  Some of your charts look like a pressure roller coaster, as if you might be tossing and turning.   Do you have access to a camera with night vision to look at this possibility?

Before posting that chart I made sure the AHI were "typical" for both a nasal cushion night (<1 AHI) and an FFM night (2.5 to 3 AHI). It was just handy that I used both mask types on the same night. 

My wife, the all-time lightest sleeper in the history of womankind, would know if I tossed and turned a lot. "Trapped" by my CPAP set-up, collar and flat pillow, I sleep on my back almost all night, but in the last hour or so before waking, the old "side sleeper" in me tries to roll onto my side, whereupon leaks begin to drive me bats until I get up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Board and Sleep Apnea [masks, general info request] Stella66 7 216 12-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  1 month after CPAP. How I'm doing now (hint: not good) Broomstick 9 312 12-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Lowhypopnea
  Amara View or Resmed Airfit F30 full face masks joesetx 6 176 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  What's a good large mask that can handle high pressure well? sventory 7 334 10-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  How to Know if you got good sleep pholynyk 6 522 10-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  CPAP masks and TMJ? Zhaylin 7 232 09-30-2018, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Zhaylin
  Best hose management for lighter masks? MrZennie 21 1,246 09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: DanGagner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.