Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Talk me into or out of surgery
RE: Talk me into or out of surgery
Congratulations also Pete.  Great that both comfort and therapy have improved.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pete! I am considering similar surgeries to yours and I am wondering if you have any update now that you are a few months post-op? I also have a septum that deviates to the left with a right bone spur. Looking at rhinoseptoplasty with nasal wall strengthening and turbinate reduction. Dr will also perform a DISE at the same time to see if I am a good candidate for tonsillectomy. I do not have any adenoids though apparently.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people don't have adenoids after they turn twelve. It's unusual for them to persist, and doubly unusual for them to persist after prior removal as a child.

I am taking a follow-up home sleep study this weekend to see what things look like without the machine at all, stay tuned for the results if you are patient. Overall I'd say it's been worthwhile, but there's a persistent slight weirdness in my right nostril sometimes when I blow my nose. Not a huge deal, but I plan on mentioning it when I am in the office this Friday.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Pete! Will keep an eye out for your update, and wishing you all the best with your upcoming sleep study!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, not sure if I want to "pass" this test or not. I don't generally feel rested in the morning, but if I hook up to the CPAP machine I hardly feel any better. Hopefully the results will clearly indicate if I need to just bite the bullet and go back to CPAP for the long haul or send me looking for more sources of what could be the problem.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well rested at the moment! We hope these surgical interventions and our diligent work in figuring out cpap will ultimately result in better sleep and most importantly feeling better. Are you using your cpap much since your surgery? Do you find you have any difference in your stats?
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, "diligent work" does not describe my CPAP use lately. I've logged maybe a dozen nights since the surgery with the machine. Haven't been motivated to use it because it doesn't help me feel much better than sleeping without it. I'm doing the whole "side sleep training through the indominable power of stubbornness" method and it's been a modest success. When I have the mask I tend to roll to my back more easily and I still have hypopnea and RERA when that happens. Don't know how that compares to side sleeping off-PAP until the weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha you might be modest but I am sure if you are on this board then you have been very diligent in fact in working on your treatment, however that might look at the moment. I hope you get some answers this weekend!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 224 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  [CPAP] Worsening OSA After Bariatric Surgery Ibrumley 8 284 04-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 393 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,469 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 335 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Nasal Surgery and CPAP tolerance Norman2195 6 767 12-27-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Anyone talk in their sleep? gm125 1 345 12-04-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.