Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Talking about BPAP
I'll have to look at that machine again tonight. I'm not at home. I saw the serial port and laughed. But your COM to USB idea is good, except the missing data part. Why do they make it so difficult?

Then I had another issue last night. I woke up in the middle of the night, chest sore, gasping for breath. Had been sleeping about 5 hours. AHI was 2.8 - that's high for me. I had set the VPAP to variable, upper limit 14, lower limit 6. So the machine showed it had auto-set at 10 and 6. 10 is too low. Why didn't it increase the pressure I wonder? So I reset it to CPAP 12 and slept much better after that.

Before y'all start squaking about how low AHI 2.8 is - Without CPAP I have no idea what goes on with my breathing, but I wake up exhausted, chest sore. Occasionally I wake up gasping for breath. I started xPAP because I was having irregular heartbeat and chest pains in the a.m. after waking up. Cardiologist prescribed it. It has helped a lot. I'm only guessing, but I believe I have lengthy but few central apneas during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When to switch to BPAP or ASV? PaulaO2 13 203 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BPAP Titration Sleep Study HalfAsleep 169 4,922 02-17-2018, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Advantage of auto-BPAP over regular BPAP for UARS? rbwilli 1 524 01-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Differnce between BPAP and A-FLex?? MrEGuy 5 829 04-12-2016, 03:35 AM
Last Post: MrEGuy
  [CPAP] New to CPAP/BPAP, New to forum Tmaul 3 906 09-30-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Tmaul
  VPAP S - BPAP to CPAP? nesteve 4 1,419 04-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Last Post: zonk
  [Equipment] CSA #'s that require BPAP or BPAP-SV? WakeUpTime 49 8,885 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: nasnas