Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tanks that can't hold their water
RE: Tanks that can't hold their water
I started a reply to the last couple of posts, but it got way overly verbose.

In short - I will discuss all this with my Dr. when I go back next month.  For Medicare coverage, he has to prescribe the specific machine, then it becomes a "rent to own" thing.   I can't see him prescribing a "brick" because he likes to go over the data with me sitting there.  I hate my DME but I love my Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's very important to have a doc you trust. Most of the rest of us here have clueless quacks. Keep that doc happy with you, keep him informed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I think this should be a DME issue. Surely they charged you for a humidifier. This is their chance to make good on that, and replace the obviously faulty humidifier (not the tank, but the entire humidifier unit).

If I were in your position, and the DME refused to resolve this obvious malfunction of the humidifier, then I'd hand back my entire machine and tell them I'd like to cancel my rental. BECAUSE this is a rental, right? (That's how insurance goes, or at least most of ours does.) If it's a rental, you can hand it right back, cancel the rest of the rental; and go to another DME to find a better machine to rent.

I love my DreamStation. I have absolutely nothing against DreamStation. But it does sound like your DreamStation has a faulty humidifier. And that's a DME problem.

P.S. If you end up doing none of that... I'd propose that perhaps the silicone seal on your humidifier could be missing or broken. Perhaps buy a new one of those (cheap on Amazon), and see if that does the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is a DME issue.   It now appears that the water tank from my DME was a knock-off.  

I will be working to maneuver to a different DME.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 353 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.