Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taping for mouth breathing?
RE: Taping for mouth breathing?
Here's the results from my today
Today was perfect
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm feeling much better.

My pad for mouthbreathing is much more comfortable.
The hose reel really helps
Settings are working well...P=14

Garmin watch confirms a much longer period of deep sleep
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
"Today was perfect."

we can't ask for much better than that!
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers used to be much worse before I joined this forum
Other forums aren't so friendly or so helpful.
People here are wonderful!

I'm healthier because of help you all have given me. There have been many years before when my therapy suffered under my sleep doc's hands. Quality of sleep was terrible then, and so was quality of life.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, that's outstanding. I rarely see a 0.0 event rate, so don't be too hard on yourself if that is not an everyday or even common occurrence. The important part is what said in your last post about feeling better. Congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats DaveL. Keep up the good results. Just don't expect 0.0 daily, but do have as the goal of feeling better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Much appreciated. Advice well taken.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I am VERY pleased that you have come around, Dave.  Well-done 

You have considered and attempted every remedy offered and have finally found a personal recipe for success. 

FWIW, I get a 0.0 about once a month, maybe five-six weeks.  That's good enough for me because I average 0.5.  Not half shabby.  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2019, 03:07 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I am VERY pleased that you have come around, Dave.  Well-done 

You have considered and attempted every remedy offered and have finally found a personal recipe for success. 

FWIW, I get a 0.0 about once a month, maybe five-six weeks.  That's good enough for me because I average 0.5.  Not half shabby.  Grin

Thanks.
I've come along way since I left Dr Inouye's care. Thank heaven he retired.
My new sleep doc is better; he's the first sleep doc that has talked about settings needed for improved sleep quality.

That's a missing piece in the puzzle we all try to solve. How do we treat OSA with the equipment offered while improving sleep quality so we perform well in life?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
PapCap for mouth breathing
So the reason I taped was because my dakota wedge strap was chafing on back of my neck. Not fun.

I pulled out my PapCap.  It's old. I've used it a bunch of nights.  First off, it was terrible. One night it even slid down over my eyes! Not fun. I'm claustrophobic. That's why I don't wear a full face mask. I've tried about 8 ff.'s over the years.

So I smartened up and adjusted the velcro strap at the back TIGHT.  So it fit like it should.

Then I pulled it down so that the strap was just above my neck. Cap was raked high in front.

Works.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,075 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 311 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 800 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.