Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taping for mouth breathing?
Sleep Quality
Good morning
Went to bed early last night.  9:00 pm or so...woke up at 4:00 am for usual (washroom break) then couldn't sleep Life happens; rough day yesterday.
Used my PapCap as chinstrap. Numbers weren't so good. 
I flipped and flopped and slept on and off from 4:00 am until I got up.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No taping--I've made some changes MUCH better
(10-02-2019, 08:41 AM)DaveL Wrote: I have a pad I made up myself that i wear under my jaw. It's a "face pad" for a baby carrier backpack sold by Mountain Equipment Co-Op. It has a strap I found. I turned the pad upside down...With this change it supports my jaw and is very comfortable.  Home made!
Hi Dave L,
could you post a picture of your face-pad? Would be interesting
Thank you Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taping for mouth breathing?
christian4870 sure....
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to help. I've used my pad a lot; it looks awful.

Make LittleLife

Model Child Carrier Face Pad

If you do a search you will find it under Child Carriers on their site. They sell them; I can't provide a link.

The shape of it really intrigued me. I came across it where I buy my outdoors equipment. I took it home. First strap I found at home worked. I've bought 3 of these pads over time. There's a foam pad inside the fabric case. I take the foam pad out to wash the fabric case. The only downside is that I find it hard to get the foam pad back in.

Suggest you do a search for
LittleLife child carrier face pads

There are pictures there of the pad, front and bottom.
My pad is the same length as my Microsoft QWERTY keyboard.

Hope this helps.

edit: I've broken forum rules here before posting links....I hope this helps you.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Halloween was a horrible night.  We had 150 kids come to the door. Bought candy for over 200...so ate lots of candy. I didn't sleep well after all this...my garmin watch said 30 minutes of deep sleep. I remember waking up; somehow avoided going to the washroom.

Here's a screen shot, and a blow-up as I try and understand things I don't understand at all...commments welcome.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up feeling very tired. Energy was bad....

I often wonder if there's something missing in my treatment. After all I was diagnosed as having severe OSA and restless leg syndrome about 35 years ago.

My first sleep study about 6 months ago confirmed that diagnosis; doc said that 11 was still adequate pressure, but 13 would provide more curative sleep. I've opted for 14 for the last 3-4 months.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
And the plm? Is that also present?
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, what's plm?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
PLM is Periodic Leg Movement (Disorder)

My guess is that something is disrupting sleep other than apnea with a 0.39 AHI and you say you don't feel rested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,139 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 33 10 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.