Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taping your mask to your face/head?
Taping your mask to your face/head?
Second night in a row I've pulled my mask off my face within the first 3 hours of sleep. Yesterday I had a headache that lasted most of the day so I can't have another night of this. I have some Scotch masking tape (tan in color) but that does not stick to my head (I shave my head and face so no worries about hair. But it falls right off, right away so I was wondering what kind of tape can I buy that will stick all night but won't rip my skin off in the morning? Anybody have experience with this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taping your mask to your face/head?
While I’ve never taped a mask on, maybe fabric athletic tape or surgical tape might work. It sticks to itself. I’d probably criss-cross it so I couldn’t just slide it off my head. It is not adhesive tape so won’t stick to your face as much, but it can be a pain to separate the layers to get it off. Probably have to cut it off.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
In this last OSCAR chart you posted http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=17995

You have a lot of flow limitation at some points, maybe why you're taking off the mask?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 02:08 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: In this last OSCAR chart you posted http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=17995

You have a lot of flow limitation at some points, maybe why you're taking off the mask?

Maybe so but I've got sleep tonight so I can't worry about the why right now. I just have to get some sleep because I now have headache and it will probably last all day, just like the one from yesterday because I knocked my mask off the night before last as well. My latest sleep doctor doesn't seem concerned with my flow limatations. She was happy with my low AHI and sent me on my way with some vitron c for low iron. I'm going to make an appointment with an ENT. Maybe they will care about my flow limatations because none of the two sleep medicine doctors have cared.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay... hopefully someone else can help you.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2019, 01:03 PM)17WRX Wrote: Second night in a row I've pulled my mask off my face within the first 3 hours of sleep. Yesterday I had a headache that lasted most of the day so I can't have another night of this. I have some Scotch masking tape (tan in color) but that does not stick to my head (I shave my head and face so no worries about hair. But it falls right off, right away so I was wondering what kind of tape can I buy that will stick all night but won't rip my skin off in the morning? Anybody have experience with this?

I had the following ideas to secure my nasal pillows and tubing.  Last few nights I've worn a hat and route the tubing through the whole in the back below the sizing strap.  My other two ideas were to use athletic sweat bands or wear a full or half bacalava or a ski mask and cut holes in it.  I don't know what type of mask you use but general consensus is don't wear a FFM if you can help it.

A FFM is just more surface area and more chance for leaks.  When I first was put on cpap 10 years ago all they offered me was a FFM.  I discovered other maasks  on my own.  My guess is a FFM is just the laziest and fastest way to 'cover all bases'.

As for tape I use medical woven tape.  I bought it on Amz.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 295 6 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 149 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 654 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 441 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 504 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 640 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.