Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taylorgtr Therapy Thread
Taylorgtr Therapy Thread
Got my Airsense 11 delivered today, and got the info from my doc to get it set up. Did all the initial config, and downloaded the MyAir app. I had already downloaded OSCAR, and will use the SD card for downloading data. Once I get a few days of info, I'll upload here. 

https://imgur.com/n9xyDjG
So, not a lot of info yet, but every thread has got to start somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taylorgtr Therapy Thread
Congrats! Just a beginning thought here...

4 is a very low starting point and you may feel starved for air during the "ramp". You might bump it up to 6 if this happens.

After some trial and error I found that disabling the ramp was a better solution for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2022, 03:39 PM)sansnap Wrote: Congrats!  Just a beginning thought here...

4 is a very low starting point and you may feel starved for air during the "ramp". You might bump it up to 6 if this happens.

After some trial and error I found that disabling the ramp was a better solution for me.

Thanks. In addition to OSCAR and MyAir, I've got my Garmin sleep / PulseOx data, as well as the SnoreLab app - it will be interesting comparing numbers as I go...and see if I sound more like a sleeping human being than a broken Hoover.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night done - Sleep was somewhat fitful as I tried to get used to having the mask on all night. It came loose a couple times (and the air is LOUD), but other than a couple mouth/air burps, it stayed in place fine. Made it from 10:30PM-6:50 AM, then decided to get up. My nose is a little sore from the P10 mask, so I might try different size nose pillows to see if there's an improvement.

The big news is that I made it through the 1st night OK. It'll take a few tries to get used to the mask, but that's a big step. Here's an interesting comparison.

I've been using an app called SnoreLab when I first realized I had an issue - the recordings were pretty awful. The first night using the CPAP showed a dramatic difference.

My initial sleep report showed an AHI of 41.7.

The first MyAir report shows 6.9 events per hour - that seems like a major improvement.

I'll capture the first week and download to OSCAR for posting here when it's ready.
Post Reply Post Reply
Results look good!

Nasal pillow size: Try using one size up and see if that works better for you. The pillow shouldn't be inserted into the nostrils, but just the tip. It should mostly "float" under the nose.

After you turn the air on, jiggle the nasal pillow a bit, and pull away from your nose slightly and back. It should seal better.

Also, use a nasal gel for comfort. I use Ayr nasal gel. Search Amazon.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - if my nose is sore, you're recommending going UP (larger) one size? I'll try both up and down to see which way is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 seems to always perform better using a size larger than recommended. My experience from using this approach, resulted in a more unrestricted airflow feeling.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2022, 11:00 AM)taylorgtr Wrote: Thanks - if my nose is sore, you're recommending going UP (larger) one size? I'll try both up and down to see which way is better.

Tried the "Large" size last night....and it was a mixed bag. I remember dreaming, which is something that has been missing for a while, which is good...but mask seal wasn't as good, and my comment that my nose was more irritated needs to be clarified - I think it's my mustache. The nasal pillow seemed to rub against it, so trimming that back and seeing if that improves things. 

Also, forgot to check my water tank before bedtime - woke up with a dry mouth a couple times. I think this will be a learning process as I get things dialed in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here are the first 3 OSCAR reports  -

Went down to "Small" last night....and while some things were better, I think I need to go back to "Medium". We'll see how that goes. Last night was the best night I've had of the first 3, actually sleeping, and dreaming....then waking up @ 5:30 and not wanting to go back to sleep at first, but stayed in till 6AM before taking off the SPAP, then staying in bed on my side for another 30 minutes.

MyAir shows 100%, with 7:18 mask hours, and AHI has been 6.9 for the first night, 12.7 and 6.1 for night 3. Hopefully that will come down as I get used to this. Mask fit seems to be the big variable....along with my restlessness in going to sleep. It's unusual that I remember my dreams, but the last 2 nights have been more vivid, which is a sign that I'm actually sleeping.

I'm sure this is a work in progress, and I'll get better over time. Any insights from the initial data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Still working fit issues / nose soreness with my ResMed11/P10. Going to the store for some lanolin...and I also ordered an N30 mask to see if that one works.

BUT...I hope this trend continues - Night 4 was the best one yet. AHI of 2.01!

Sleep Test - AHI 41.7
Night 1 - 6.9
Night 2 - 12.7
Night 3 - 6.1
Night 4 - 2.01

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 990 2 hours ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 843 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.