Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Technical questions regarding Sleepyhead
Technical questions regarding Sleepyhead
• Using data export of Sleepyhead, one of the parameters is titled "Pressure 1%". Can anyone shed light on this value? I presume it might be 90%?
• In the backup done by Sleepyhead, there are two folders: Events and Summaries. I presume these are stored copies of the "Events section of the Daily Data" and the CPAP Statistics table neither of which are completely in the exported data. Is there a program that will read these files hence allow data manipulation and analysis? I am mostly interested in the events data (time of event and duration). I am curious to see whether there is a correlation among days between time of onset and time of day for example. Silly example would be (assuming I lived near a railroad track) whether the onset of an apnea consistently happened at the scheduled passing of a freight train. I'm just curious.
• What/where/how do things change if "Keep Waveform/Event Data in Memory" box is checked in the Import submenu of the Preferences Tab? Does that allow the export of the Event data such as time and duration?
• How does one interpret the "By Pressure" waveform? I understand the top line displays minutes at the various pressures for the whole night or whatever time frame is selected. I don't understand the meaning of the colored lines that rise and fall, again for the whole night or whatever time frame is selected. They seem to be color coordinated with the various events but the numbers under the various pressures don't seem to correlate with other data. The slope of the lines is displaying something but I'm not sure what it is.
• Yesterday I installed Encore Basic as a second view to Sleepyhead. I find it tantalizing but unsatisfying compared to Sleepyhead which I embrace. I compared the minutes at pressure for both programs (the By Pressure "waveform" in Sleepyhead and the Daily Events per hour matrix in Encore Basic's Therapy Details Report). The numbers are quite different. Since they are working with the same data, I would expect approximately the same numbers. The attachment shows the two data sets. Does anyone have any ideas?
• In Sleepyhead, the CPAP Statistics screen displays under Leak Statistics
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 2.22%
While the Overview graphs display Large Leaks (If selected) and for the same day the graph "tool tip" displays "% in LL - 2.86"
Any thoughts.
Finally, my prescription is 8-12; however, the minutes at pressure data show data in discrete cells (8,9,10,11,12) that is why the headers in the attachment are what I presume they mean. Unless, the machine really provides pressure at those discrete pressures. But that makes some of the other data strange, for example, reporting 90%pressure less than 9.456 which would be either 9 or 10 for discrete pressures. Also I use the ramp which runs for 20 minutes, yet neither program shows minutes at pressure less than my prescription 8 even though total minutes presented really equals total system time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Technical questions regarding Sleepyhead
You work in a technology vocation (geek) right?

I think you need to join Jedi Mark's beta group and ask these questions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 10:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You work in a technology vocation (geek) right?

No I worked in budget and program control before I retired 14 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the meantime, I will copy & paste on the virge's points from this thread into the private SleepyHead Testing Forum. JediMark is having some health issues, so I'm not sure he will be able to take quick action, but at least these points can be posted there for documentation and to help for future fixes and such.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I don't have answers for you. I do know reading all the sleepyhead pages at the top of the forum page section, was helpful..not just the first couple on downloading but the ones on understanding data in Sleepyhead.

I too would like the answer to how to understand the "by pressure" graphs, so if you get a handle on it, please write back here and tell me!

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 10:31 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: In the meantime, I will copy & paste on the virge's points from this thread into the private SleepyHead Testing Forum. JediMark is having some health issues, so I'm not sure he will be able to take quick action, but at least these points can be posted there for documentation and to help for future fixes and such.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about that.
Luke, use the Force!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope Jedimark gets well soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar questions tmoody 2 1,002 08-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  SH for ASV, and other questions VisitorX 14 2,091 04-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Sorry simple questions Lolagirl 3 1,056 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,284 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead vs. ResScan Pre-Installation Questions Ron The Piper 10 3,765 11-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Questions on Oximetry-Capable Auto-PAP Machines (and SleepyHead) VisitorX 5 1,681 10-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Last Post: VisitorX
  Dreammapper app questions BHappy 2 3,656 04-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Last Post: BHappy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.