Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Technically Treated - To my core Tired
RE: Technically Treated - To my core Tired
(03-01-2020, 11:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I suspect you have a science background from your user name. 

Yeah i am an Engineering Geologist so you once again have your finger on the pulse.

I am indeed trying to problem solve and basically wanted to be able to discount the sleep apnea as the route cause as my doctors are all to keen to put everything down to sleep apnea or failing that depression.

Thanks again for your input.........tomorrow it is off to the dentist to have them rule out any issues their end, then it will be to the GP to see if i can get a 72hr monitor installed as my heart rate is dropping down to 40 during the day and my blood pressure is up to 141/104.

the main issue for the quacks is that i am not overweight and everything that is wrong with me is idiopathic Dont-know

think it is also time i resign myself to not having coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember that idiopathic means that all those trying to figure out what is wrong with you are idiots!!!

Oh dear, what did I just say. . . . . 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2020, 01:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: Just remember that idiopathic means that all those trying to figure out what is wrong with you are idiots!!!

Oh dear, what did I just say. . . . . 

Hey! Idiopathic is one my favorite dodges. What are you saying?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure you have considered/looked into "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"?

I think a lot of people are affected by it and am starting to think I am one of them.

It isn't idiopathic although most of the medical industry still doesn't understand anything about it and lots don't even believe in it. I had written it off originally because I figured it wasn't real and was just some BS diagnosis doctors give you when they don't want to see you anymore (a friend who is a doctor pretty much told me this...).

Now I have come to realize it is a very real issue and the underlying issue appears to be autonomic and immune system dysfunction brought on by a trigger and possibly genetic predisposition. It has been found to causes all sorts of issues including affecting heart rate (POTS etc).

Here is a very good study that opened my eyes up about it. My guess is that if you read through you will either realize you don't have it or that it might make you think that it answers a lot of so far unanswered questions.

I think this is a issue that a lot of Apnea and UARS diagnosed people suffer with. I even wonder if some SDB issues are caused by it due to dysfunctioning autonomic system and why they often have other issues like GERD/LPR, nonallergic rhinitis, IBS etc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4761639/
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1 - I shall have a good read through the link, thanks for that!

I do have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Syndrome, along with IBS, Bile Acid Malabsorption, Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, Temporomadibular dysfunction, Chronic Daily Migraine, Generalised Anxiety Disorder amongst a few other diagnoses.........so it would not surpise me if CFS was also in the mix.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you will come to the same conclusion as me. Imo most of these or at least a bunch of them are interconnected by some underlying issue. Unfortunately there is no clear treatment, mainly treat the symptoms and lifestyle changes (reducing stress, eating healthier, giving body time to recover etc). Some medications seem to help some people but not others. I think it depends on what is ultimately causing the issue, I believe there can be multiple issues that cause these symptoms as you will also sort of realize when reading through that info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well last night was much better on paper with an AHI of 0.14 which was a single CA at 4:30 in the morning.......

Still tired, but i am 100% confident now that this is not apnea related and i have the data to show the GP that there is something else in play.

Thank you all for your help and input in helping me understand my OSCAR data and pointing me in the direction of where to look.........Less (or no) coffee, improve my sleep hygiene and now i have the confidence to take my data to the GP and show her that the Apnea is treated and something else is in play.

I did a better job of video recording last night......still a little too dark (need to figure that out) but i can clearly see arm and leg movements which correspond to blips in the flow data and leak rates.

So again you clever people, a massive THANKS!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're a geologist...keep digging!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Terrible joke SleepRider Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello!

You cannot use a nasal mask because you are not able to get enough air through your nose?  Is that correct?  Have you had someone take a look and determine if there are physical obstructions in your nose, like deviated septum or enlarged turbinates or polyps? If you google "Dr.Park UARS", you will find an ENT who talks extensively about the absolute necessity of being able to breathe clearly through your nose at night, and the devastating consequences on sleep architecture for those who can't breathe through their nose.  You know how tired people are when they have a cold and are all congested at night and have to mouth breathe all night and snore and toss and turn?  That is literally what is happening every single night if you can't nose breathe properly.  It's no wonder you are super fatigued!  Anyone would be!  That's not to say there aren't other lifestyle factors contributing here, but you have to address the known nasal issues and THEN see if you are still exhausted and sleeping like crap.

I strongly disagree that tooth pain and tmj issues aren't related to SDB.  The reason people grind their teeth at night was once thought to be corrected by a retainer, and now we know that it is related to difficulty in breathing and is treated the same as apnea or UARS, with a CPAP/MAD/nasal breathing optimization.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 184 6 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 460 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 279 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,382 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 272 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 176 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 310 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.