Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Teeth Clenching Headache with new machine
Hello everyone, I'm new to this and new to having apnea.  I have had my Dream Station Auto CPAP for about 3 weeks now.  I had been grinding my teeth at night and found I had severe apnea.  The first week or so of the machine I have slept so well, the doc looked at the software and said I have no more apnea and am sleeping great.  But this last week I have had a bad headache and really it is under the back of my skull above my neck mostly.  Excruciating.  Upon waking up I find I'm tightly clenching my teeth and when I release it sends this horrible pain.    I have had it about 4 times this week.  I feel rested but this headache!

I have a nasal pillow and my husband thinks I should possibly use a different mask?  He has a full face mask over his nose only.  Never has experienced teeth clenching or headache.

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks!
Torter
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You might want to try one of those over-the-counter mouth guards at the drugstore; the kind you boil to soften for fitting to your teeth.  Might not stop the clenching but should protect your teeth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Torter, the #Sleephead software is free. Download and see more details on your therapy, and consider posting a chart. The instructions for organizing and posting are in my signature. Without that information, we are just guessing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 75 72,518 08-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: bfmccarthy
  Pillow mask and teeth issues Chieffy123 6 353 07-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 1,900 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Teeth hurt? KibaOokami 3 367 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Tender teeth Cpapian 18 926 12-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Teeth grinding MrsBrando 6 385 09-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] Jaw/Teeth Damage Deb Olender 7 4,038 08-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: NorCal