Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Teeth Clenching Headache with new machine
Teeth Clenching Headache with new machine
Hello everyone, I'm new to this and new to having apnea.  I have had my Dream Station Auto CPAP for about 3 weeks now.  I had been grinding my teeth at night and found I had severe apnea.  The first week or so of the machine I have slept so well, the doc looked at the software and said I have no more apnea and am sleeping great.  But this last week I have had a bad headache and really it is under the back of my skull above my neck mostly.  Excruciating.  Upon waking up I find I'm tightly clenching my teeth and when I release it sends this horrible pain.    I have had it about 4 times this week.  I feel rested but this headache!

I have a nasal pillow and my husband thinks I should possibly use a different mask?  He has a full face mask over his nose only.  Never has experienced teeth clenching or headache.

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks!
Torter
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Teeth Clenching Headache with new machine
You might want to try one of those over-the-counter mouth guards at the drugstore; the kind you boil to soften for fitting to your teeth.  Might not stop the clenching but should protect your teeth.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Teeth Clenching Headache with new machine
Torter, the #Sleephead software is free. Download and see more details on your therapy, and consider posting a chart. The instructions for organizing and posting are in my signature. Without that information, we are just guessing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very Low AHI Still Extremely Tired / Waking with Headache exchanged 1 440 01-23-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Forehead headache and brainfogging even after A-CPAP jsa0609 2 671 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,193 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night Jarlo 19 2,098 06-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Diagnosis] Low AHI and Headache: Compare Stats Request haikuclue 8 918 06-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  Front Teeth is hurting in morning. kdpatel 3 681 03-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.