Teeth clenching started with CPAP, now worse.
KMatch Offline

Members

Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Nuance/L X2
Humidifier: Part of Dreamstation
CPAP Pressure: Self testing
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Teeth clenching started with CPAP, now worse.
(05-25-2016 07:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:  
(05-25-2016 05:13 PM)KMatch Wrote:  Let's not mistake my reference to "leaf blowers" as some deep dark psyche as if I'm scared of it - it's quite the opposite. I simply have an open mind to relating "contraptions" that aren't the norm with devices that we use on a daily basis. I was a bit put off by attaching a tire pump, excuse me, CPAP apparatus, for about 2 days.

Your comparison's are not apt ones and do suggest a negative attitude, at least to me. A CPAP machine gets nowhere close the the pressure a leaf blower or a tire pump can put out. A CPAP machine couldn't even blow up a balloon, never mind a tire.

A pressure of 20cm of H20 (about as high as a normal CPAP machine can achieve) is only about 2% of the normal ambient air pressure at sea level. Your own lungs can do much better than that.
We're all in the same boat here in regards to CPAP. My life will end with me crippled in a wheel chair along with chronic joint and muscle pain on disability (provided .gov ever agrees with multiple Docs after 3 years and counting...) thanks to my "inheritance" of a spinal condition. Now I added yet another "condition" (CPAP). We have a choice to cry about this junk, or somewhat embrace it as life's little sense of humor. Lighten up and don't take life too seriously. it's only temporary. Laugh-a-lot I suppose my references to Darth Vader's Breathing Apparatus might go a bit far as well... Sorry to offend. It's just my way of not losing it.

I'm just glad this CPAP thing runs on 110v as having to pull start it every night between gas refills would get old quite fast. Dont-know Nevermind...
05-26-2016 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Teeth clenching started with CPAP, now worse.
(05-25-2016 07:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:  Your comparison's are not apt ones and do suggest a negative attitude, at least to me.

Pretty sure he was just kidding, Ed. Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-26-2016 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  sensitive teeth tooth ache alfiepops 9 211 12-05-2016 08:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Lack of progress and getting worse. Pudel 7 394 11-07-2016 02:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Needing basic help to get started Linda Bee 8 343 10-28-2016 06:42 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
Surprised Two weeks now, started ripping my mask off daniemmdee 6 458 10-27-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: daniemmdee
  Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time ApneaintheATL 4 444 10-14-2016 06:06 PM
Last Post: player
  Insomnia getting worse 3 months into therapy baconjurer 3 515 10-05-2016 11:50 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  MAOI/antidepressant patient feeling worse with CPAP CPAPstruggler 15 1,950 10-05-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: jbsix