Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Teeth clenching started with CPAP, now worse.
RE: Teeth clenching started with CPAP, now worse.
(05-25-2016, 07:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 05:13 PM)KMatch Wrote: Let's not mistake my reference to "leaf blowers" as some deep dark psyche as if I'm scared of it - it's quite the opposite. I simply have an open mind to relating "contraptions" that aren't the norm with devices that we use on a daily basis. I was a bit put off by attaching a tire pump, excuse me, CPAP apparatus, for about 2 days.

Your comparison's are not apt ones and do suggest a negative attitude, at least to me. A CPAP machine gets nowhere close the the pressure a leaf blower or a tire pump can put out. A CPAP machine couldn't even blow up a balloon, never mind a tire.

A pressure of 20cm of H20 (about as high as a normal CPAP machine can achieve) is only about 2% of the normal ambient air pressure at sea level. Your own lungs can do much better than that.
We're all in the same boat here in regards to CPAP. My life will end with me crippled in a wheel chair along with chronic joint and muscle pain on disability (provided .gov ever agrees with multiple Docs after 3 years and counting...) thanks to my "inheritance" of a spinal condition. Now I added yet another "condition" (CPAP). We have a choice to cry about this junk, or somewhat embrace it as life's little sense of humor. Lighten up and don't take life too seriously. it's only temporary. Laugh-a-lot I suppose my references to Darth Vader's Breathing Apparatus might go a bit far as well... Sorry to offend. It's just my way of not losing it.

I'm just glad this CPAP thing runs on 110v as having to pull start it every night between gas refills would get old quite fast. Dont-know Nevermind...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2016, 07:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Your comparison's are not apt ones and do suggest a negative attitude, at least to me.

Pretty sure he was just kidding, Ed. Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Idk I don't think they represent a negative attitude, I think they represent someone with a sense of humour. I know they made me laugh!
I also found this thread to be very insightful!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 239 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 235 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.